Rogers signs for City and loaned out?
Billy Bassett wants a word pal.
(07-25-2019, 09:02 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(07-25-2019, 08:48 AM)Ed Hopper Wrote:
(07-25-2019, 08:40 AM)Super_Slav Wrote: Rogers leaving Albion hurts more than anyone else.

Can’t say I’ve ever felt ‘hurt’ by a player leaving

I use the term “hurt” because he was an Albion fan and one of our biggest talents we’ve produced. If we’ve got no chance keeping him. We’ve no chance with anyone else.

Err....Rakeem Harper, 7 or 8 other Academy lads who have just signed pro terms. Don’t over dramatise it
(07-25-2019, 09:10 AM)MGalea Wrote: Billy Bassett wants a word pal.

Yes I bloody do!
I was 19 years old and Albion's youngest ever player pal, although didn't stop being the first Albion player sent off for using unsuitable language.

When I died the whole midlands was hurting, I can honestly say since my resurrection I've never been hurt by a player leaving especially one who's never played for us. Just shows you young un's of the 21st century are a soft bunch of pussies not like us hard knocks from the 1890s
(07-25-2019, 09:24 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:
(07-25-2019, 08:40 AM)Super_Slav Wrote: Rogers leaving Albion hurts more than anyone else.

I use the term “hurt” because he was an Albion fan and one of our biggest talents we’ve produced. If we’ve got no chance keeping him. We’ve no chance with anyone else.

Err....Rakeem Harper, 7 or 8 other Academy lads who have just signed pro terms. Don’t over dramatise it

Hurt is the wrong word, but Ziz has a point. 

Rodgers is one of the best talents in his age group in the country, and has looked head and shoulders above players in older age groups  for several years. As a club we had huge hopes for him, but if we can't convince a player who has been with us for many years, is a West Brom fan, and is on the verge of regular first team football to sign for us then it's frustrating.

Not every kid we produce will take the money and go elsewhere, but players like Rodgers and Barry are few and far between, and when you see the impact and money being mooted over Sancho, Sterling and co, it's gutting that all the work we do can be for so little final benefit.
(07-25-2019, 09:28 AM)billybassett Wrote:

Yes I bloody do!
I was 19 years old and Albion's youngest ever player pal, although didn't stop being the first Albion player sent off for using unsuitable language.

When I died the whole midlands was hurting, I can honestly say since my resurrection I've never been hurt by a player leaving especially one who's never played for us. Just shows you young un's of the 21st century are a soft bunch of pussies not like us hard knocks from the 1890s

Did the Victorians really use the term pussies? Smile

Ziz in being overly dramatic for attention shocker...

Get a fucking grip. FFS

(07-25-2019, 09:40 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:

Get a fucking grip. FFS

Maybe Rogers was the guy off Twatter who deleted the account the other day, maybe they stopped being a Championship Footballer!

Yes I bloody do!

In your day , you'd climb out of the trenches, forge some steel in a mill,  then drill in a daisy cutter in the last minute from 25 yards.
(07-25-2019, 09:45 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote:

Yes I bloody do!

In your day , you'd climb out of the trenches, forge some steel in a mill,  then drill in a daisy cutter in the last minute from 25 yards.

And smoke twenty Capstan Full Strength, on the bus on the way home.