This England v Ireland test match
38 all out.
I demand a recount.
Is this about Eurovision?
(07-26-2019, 12:33 PM)Albionmad Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 12:29 PM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote:
(07-24-2019, 12:01 PM)Albionmad Wrote: Stupid to bat first on an obviously green seaming pitch.

Mmmmm....

We'd have won by an innings if Ireland had batted first

We wouldn't have got enough runs to do that! We've only surpassed 400 once in 30 odd Test innings.
Clarnet v2.0
(07-26-2019, 01:10 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 12:33 PM)Albionmad Wrote:
(07-24-2019, 12:01 PM)Albionmad Wrote: Stupid to bat first on an obviously green seaming pitch.

Mmmmm....

We wouldn't have got enough runs to do that! We've only surpassed 400 once in 30 odd Test innings.

To be fair we'd have only needed to score 246 to win by an innings.

Says a lot about the pitch but also shines a light on how poorly we're still batting.  No secure openers and no number 3.  Root, batting at 4 may as well open he's often in that quickly.
I think the ground staff need replacing. That’s two appalling wickets in a row for England internationals.

Considering the occasion, that wicket for the World Cup Final was disgraceful
(07-26-2019, 02:02 PM)Wotty Wrote: I think the ground staff need replacing. That’s two appalling wickets in a row for England internationals.

The wicket for the World Cup final made one of the best games, let alone ODIs, that I can remember. It wasn't dangerous either. The wicket for this game was a bit green but Ireland in their first innings and Leach showed that you could score decently on it if you bat sensibly instead of bat like an idiot and search for everything. Just because we're the home team doesn't mean we should try to make things easy for us every time, especially in a World Cup final and a warm up game with plenty of rotation designed to test some of the newer lads.

I'm absolutely fed up with flat wickets that don't offer anything for bowlers, there's plenty of criticism for Lord's but the groundstaff do not deserve any of it.
(07-26-2019, 12:33 PM)HAlbionmad Wrote:

Mmmmm....

Mmmmmmm.....
(07-24-2019, 12:17 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: Why do we bother playing at Lords? We are utter, utter shit there.

You can only beat the team in front of you.....
(07-26-2019, 02:30 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 02:02 PM)Wotty Wrote: I think the ground staff need replacing. That’s two appalling wickets in a row for England internationals.

The wicket for the World Cup final made one of the best games, let alone ODIs, that I can remember. It wasn't dangerous either. The wicket for this game was a bit green but Ireland in their first innings and Leach showed that you could score decently on it if you bat sensibly instead of bat like an idiot and search for everything. Just because we're the home team doesn't mean we should try to make things easy for us every time, especially in a World Cup final and a warm up game with plenty of rotation designed to test some of the newer lads.

I'm absolutely fed up with flat wickets that don't offer anything for bowlers, there's plenty of criticism for Lord's but the groundstaff do not deserve any of it.
I disagree. The final was a spectacle right at the end. Up until then it was made worse by the pitch, the ball was holding up which made for a poor spectacle for long periods as the batsmen couldn’t time it.
Batsmen shouldn’t have it all their own way but that was awful.

The test match scores kind of speak for themselves.