Gary Robson testimonial
Savo, Gareth Southgate and Mark Draper made their debuts for them (total cost £9.25m), Chris Hargreaves and Tony Brien (free transfers) made their home debuts as substitutes for us.
(04-25-2020, 06:02 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 04:42 PM)HeavyWoollenBaggie Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 08:23 AM)throstle Wrote: I remember us beating the Seals in a pre season friendly on a Tuesday evening the following year on 1/8/95. Some Albion fans were singing where's your family gone to their new Serbian striker Savo Milosevic, which wasn't one of our greatest ever chants.

If only we'd known that parity (at least) would be restored down the road some time.   I went to that 95 friendly and beating them was treated like a bloody cup final win.   Cringeworthy in hindsight.

That the one where SuperBob scored the winner? Many more there for that friendly than we got for League games.

Was definitely a 1-0 win.   Think it was a bit of a thank you from them for us allowing them to play InterToto Cup games at our gaff whilst their shithole was undergoing redevelopment.  Thank God we moved on from that at least.
That ground share for the IC came a few years later

Supes squeezed a shot in from a narrow angle at BRE. They had done right chances
(04-25-2020, 08:30 PM)MancBaggie Wrote: That ground share for the IC came a few years later

Supes squeezed a shot in from a narrow angle at BRE. They had done right chances

I stand corrected-thought it might have been something to do with them tarting their dump up for Euro 96.  I do remember it being a bit mental for a friendly though-if there is any such thing against that lot.
(04-26-2020, 06:45 AM)HeavyWoollenBaggie Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 08:30 PM)MancBaggie Wrote: That ground share for the IC came a few years later

I stand corrected-thought it might have been something to do with them tarting their dump up for Euro 96.  I do remember it being a bit mental for a friendly though-if there is any such thing against that lot.

It was definitely later than that , year 2000/2001ish because I did some work at the shrine one of the days they soiled our place, during Euro 96 I was in completely different trade.
(04-26-2020, 07:24 AM)4-hero Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 06:45 AM)HeavyWoollenBaggie Wrote:

It was definitely later than that , year 2000/2001ish because I did some work at the shrine one of the days they soiled our place, during Euro 96 I was in completely different trade.

Must have been when they rebuilt the Trinity then.   Was still a horrible fucking sight on the telly whenever it was.