XBox One Live Gold membership query
My lad wants this for his 10th birthday next week. He's had the XBox 18 months. My knowledge of gaming ended near 40 years ago when I played Atari and the ZX Spectrum. 
Worth it? 12 month membership looks to be about £50. Amazon the best bet? Looks like you purchase and are given a code to download? Apologies for my ignorance and thanks in advance for any advise.
I would advise getting the Gamepass Ultimate subscription. It includes Xbox Gold and access to Gamepass which is like a Netflix style subscription with 100+ games he can download and play.

Costs about 50 quid a year but if you shop around you can usually find some deals.
(05-12-2020, 09:37 PM)Duffers Wrote: I would advise getting the Gamepass Ultimate subscription. It includes Xbox Gold and access to Gamepass which is like a Netflix style subscription with 100+ games he can download and play.

Costs about 50 quid a year but if you shop around you can usually find some deals.

Cheers Duffers
Amazon just had a buy 3 months, get 3 months free on the Ultimate pass. Check out HotUKDeals site they have big gamer community so always have Xbox deals in there.
Picked up fifa 20 on download for 17 quid via my gold sub ladt week.
Just so your aware if you dont go for the ultimate pass, with the xbox gold you get 4 free games every month as well not always the best games but sometimes theres some awesome ones included.

The 4 this month are, although the rrp is always inflated as you could always get them from cex pretty cheap anyway

V-Rally 4 ($59.99 ERP): Available May 1 to 31 on Xbox One
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr ($39.99 ERP): Available May 16 to June 15 on Xbox One
Sensible World of Soccer ($9.99 ERP): Available May 1 to 15 on Xbox One & Xbox 360
Overlord II ($9.99 ERP): Available May 16 to 31 on Xbox One & Xbox 360
If you are into sports games and some shootem ups then the EA access is also a good deal, not the latest versions but its good value with FIFA 20 now available and is £19.99 for 12 months https://www.ea.com/ea-access