Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theresa strikea again
By 'those who campaigned' I was thinking more of those in positions with the opportunity to influence policy and preparations, rather than enthusiastic deliverers of leaflets and doorstep canvassers. Which isn't to disparage the contributions to the democratic process of those menial tasks - and those who perform them.
Why? None of them thought Leave would win, so didn't give much thought to that eventuality.
(11-19-2017, 05:06 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Why? None of them thought Leave would win, so didn't give much thought to that eventuality.

A company is up for sale by auction. You put in a cheeky low bid and win. Afterwards you tell the employees you have no idea how to run the business as you didn't think you'd win.

I think they'd be within their rights to call you a fucking twat.
(11-20-2017, 06:43 AM)Zoltanger Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 05:06 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Why? None of them thought Leave would win, so didn't give much thought to that eventuality.

A company is up for sale by auction. You put in a cheeky low bid and win. Afterwards you tell the employees you have no idea how to run the business as you didn't think you'd win.

I think they'd be within their rights to call you a fucking twat.

Because that's exactly the same. FFS sake.
If any FFSing is needed on this thread it's to the idea that if you campaign for something so important it's okay to not have a plan for it because you didn't think you'd win.

To be honest, FFS is no where near strong enough.
(11-20-2017, 09:07 PM)Zoltanger Wrote: If any FFSing is needed on this thread it's to the idea that if you campaign for something so important it's okay to not have a plan for it because you didn't think you'd win.

To be honest, FFS is no where near strong enough.

Brexit and plan, two words that have nothing in common. 

Scrabbling around in the dark with the most dysfunctional government for at least 40yrs is just the kind of situation we need as a country.