Foot long
(06-03-2020, 01:54 PM)Man of Harlech Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 01:25 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Spicy Italian on Italian bread, with extra cheese, jalapenos and mayo! (of course obligatory loads of salad stuff)

King of the sandwich shops! 

Yer can shove your McDonald's!  

Angel
Steak and cheese, red onion, cucumber,jalapenos,gerkin, southwest sauce on hearty Italian.
I'm exactly where you are Harlech - the king of Subway. The only thing i'd add on that mate would be hot chilli sauce and that would be 100% Perfect for me!!
only been in subway once.

way to many questions at the counter
(06-03-2020, 02:15 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 01:25 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Spicy Italian on Italian bread, with extra cheese, jalapenos and mayo! (of course obligatory loads of salad stuff)

King of the sandwich shops! 

Yer can shove your McDonald's!  

Angel

You’d be surprised that they are struggling - no demand for new franchises and current ones are struggling. It’s not as financially successful when compared to McDonalds for example

I looked at buying a Subway franchise many years ago. Very expensive for what is simply a sandwich shop. Loads of ongoing fees plus everything you buy has to come from Subway, even any artwork on the wall, and it's a hell of a price. Having said that I know a guy that had 3, still owns 2, and does well.
Problem, it seems to me, is that once they have your fee they'll let you open anywhere whether the area is suitable or not. Of course, if the business fails, it doesn't cost Subway anything. I know a lot of franchises operate similarly but with Subway there  seems little room for your own profit.