Blackout Tuesday & WBA
(06-02-2020, 03:24 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 01:52 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 01:45 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 01:26 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 12:43 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Racism is not exclusive to America.

It's not, but every day shit happens all over the world. Somehow it's highlighted by it being the USA.
I think the whole message around this is wrapped up in the widespread revulsion the wider world feels for Trump.

That's probablyy a fair comment, Spandau, but I still don't see why football is taking a stand here. 

I don't recall WBA or Liverpool making a statement when the Berlin wall came down, or the tanks rolled through Tiananmen Square.
See your point but different times. We're much more interconnected and millions will have seen the death of George Floyd, whilst on a daily we look in horror as the complete evil piece of scum who is in the White House continues to lie, protect the KKK and gun toting maniacs etc.
The famous are using their exalted celebrity to make a stand. At first I was unsure, but think America has to know that it is screwing up badly.

This.

Liverpool have the ability to reach a billion people worldwide. Why shouldn’t they use that platform to make a positive statement?

Correct
(06-02-2020, 08:44 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 03:24 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 01:52 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 01:45 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 01:26 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: It's not, but every day shit happens all over the world. Somehow it's highlighted by it being the USA.
I think the whole message around this is wrapped up in the widespread revulsion the wider world feels for Trump.

That's probablyy a fair comment, Spandau, but I still don't see why football is taking a stand here. 

I don't recall WBA or Liverpool making a statement when the Berlin wall came down, or the tanks rolled through Tiananmen Square.
See your point but different times. We're much more interconnected and millions will have seen the death of George Floyd, whilst on a daily we look in horror as the complete evil piece of scum who is in the White House continues to lie, protect the KKK and gun toting maniacs etc.
The famous are using their exalted celebrity to make a stand. At first I was unsure, but think America has to know that it is screwing up badly.

This.

Liverpool have the ability to reach a billion people worldwide. Why shouldn’t they use that platform to make a positive statement?

Correct

I'd rather Liverpool behaved better when one of their players was accused of racism, then engage in empty gestures.

Those useless articles at Kick it Out and SRtRC are also making nauseous, after their lack of support of Leko.