It's just all so depressing...
I'm going to keep away from this board for a while. The comments have shocked me. Not from a racist standpoint, more from an astonishing lack of empathy.

I get that some white people are sick of being made to feel guilty. They shouldn't, it wasn't their fault
I get that some feel that some black people have overstepped the mark. They have. They're in the minority, but that always happens in any debate and the press love to report it.
I get that some feel their history is being 'revised'. It isn't. There's still plenty of 'high' spots, but it must be uncomfortable
I get that some feel that their culture is being taken away. It isn't, there's substantially more to 'your' culture than 'Little Britain', but I understand.
I get that some feel that another group is getting an unfair advantage. All the statistics prove we're not, but I understand.

All I'm asking is for a similar level of understanding.

After CENTURIES of abuse, yes some black people might be a little sensitive over light-pisstaking. Do you think it's possible you might be? Is it asking too much to avoid things that cause others distress. Surely you would in other areas of your life?

It's not a big deal, but I don't think it's unreasonable to say that in a country I pay taxes, I shouldn't have to see statues up commemorating/celebrating people who's only major claim to fame is enslaving my forefathers?

Keep your Churchills, your Florence Nightingale's and your Gladstone's. I get it. I understand. But the guy who spent his whole life furthering the slave trade?? How would you feel?

And what's the responses I hear over and over again? But, but, but what about the rule of law (they've tried to get the bristol one down legally for THIRTY YEARS!!)? What about Little Britain? What about Gone with the Wind? It'll be Morecambe and Wise next!

Jesus christ, such big problems you've got! 

Now that's 'snowflake' mentality.

UPDATE. Now I see on other posts people are just making shit up or repeating unsubstantiated bullshit and adding 'apparently' at the end of it. Stories are repeating about 'Black Lives Matter' making a hit-list as if they are some sort of elite paramilitary organisation with massive support coming to blow up local statues. The reality is nothing is happening except a group of over zealous WHITE council employees are taking statues down! But hey, if the truth doesn't fit the agenda....
Don’t go Fuzz, I for one think you’ve handled yourself superbly over the last few days. It can’t be easy being the only known BAME person on this board at times like this.
(06-11-2020, 10:50 AM)Duffers Wrote: Don’t go Fuzz, I for one think you’ve handled yourself superbly over the last few days. It can’t be easy being the only known BAME person on this board at times like this.

We're back to Little Britain again  Big Grin

Stay around fuzzbox, I'm appreciating your views on here.
(06-11-2020, 10:50 AM)Duffers Wrote: Don’t go Fuzz, I for one think you’ve handled yourself superbly over the last few days. It can’t be easy being the only known BAME person on this board at times like this.

+1.

If anything I wrote offended, I apologise. 

If you think it’s been depressing on here of late, wait until we lose to Blues and Fulham win Big Grin
It is, all so depressing.

But the BLM aspect is only part of it.

The economic problems will be far more prevalent in coming months, with the furloughed generation dumped on the dole, etc., etc., etc.

Problems, we have. We're in it together. Whether you like it or not, and I think you won't.
Don't go Fuzz. Your comment about the guilt being similar to what you felt as a man during Me Too, was spot on and your views are so important.

I know there is still plenty of work we can do to improve racial equality in the UK and it seems a massive shame this opportunity is wasted on squabbles over statues and tv. It almost seems like it's happening on purpose.

Bang on 

Top poster fuzz - stick around pal
Hi Fuzz I am going to try and not patronise you
but I feel that this board would greatly miss your contribution

try and stick around pal
you are one of us
up the Albion.
Fuzzbox, if you go I will start a 'Bring back Fuzzbox' campaign on some social media platform and I know you wouldn't want to put me to the stress of learning how to use a social media platform.

On a more serious note, we all need to hear the BAME perspective even if it's uncomfortable (especially if it's uncomfortable) and you bring that to the board.
(06-11-2020, 10:55 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

+1.

If anything I wrote offended, I apologise. 

If you think it’s been depressing on here of late, wait until we lose to Blues and Fulham win Big Grin

I'm with you, FF.

I don't want to see you go, Fuzz. We may disagree on certain aspects of this, but I certainly respect you and your opinion.