Holidays as a kid. Where did you go?
(06-14-2020, 12:44 PM)Bartley_baggie Wrote:
(06-14-2020, 10:01 AM)HeavyWoollenBaggie Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 07:35 PM)tiptontown Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 07:29 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 07:23 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Rhyl, Margate, not the best. Last time in Margate had to leave it was so grim so went down to Broadstairs.

Broadstairs is pretty nice for a day trip.

As I said earlier, I took my kids to Camber last summer for a day at the seaside. We decided to have a little wander around the Pontins park that’s there... my god it’s grim! I mean seriously fucking bleak! How anyone could spend a week there without resorting to drink, drugs or ritualistic suicide I don’t know.

I think that counts for pretty much all Pontins around the country. Need updating badly....well the last time I went to one it did anyhow.

I didn't go back to Margate in the whole of the 80s having spent our summer holidays there from 70-79.   It was enough to make you weep the state of the place in the 1990s.  As I said yesterday, hopefully the old place is on the up again now, it deserves to be.
Agree on Rhyl very disappointing to see but two resorts that have stood the test of time from 40 years plus ago are Llandudno and Barmouth which if anything are better now, two of my favourite places!

Agree on those two places, very nice now, although you still get the odd prick, often in an orange shirt.

In 1989 I remember some graffiti in Barmouth:

"DUDLEY KILL BARMOUTH SCUM"

Somewhere there's a photo of me stood by it. It was nothing to do with me, just to be clear!
Devon. Torbay, would walk across the cliffs to Brixham.
(06-14-2020, 04:09 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Devon. Torbay, would walk across the cliffs to Brixham.

Did you go to Berry Head or Churston Cove?
I don't recognise either name to be honest. We used to stay just the other side of the cliff to Brixham, on s caravan sight, it was then a 10-15 minute downhill walk to the nice beach...
I've had to look it up, Goodrington we stayed at.

My memory is shocking to be honest...