The worry scale
When it's nil-nil I worry that we will concede first and struggle to get back into the game.
When it's nil-one I worry that - having conceded first - we will struggle to get back into the game, or that the opposition will get a second and that will be game over.
If we score first I worry that one won't be enough. If we get a second I worry that two won't be enough.
If we're two up and the opposition pull one back that confirms that i was right all along and not just a pant-wetter.
And so on...

Four-nil up going to added time and playing possession football while the opposition chase shadows? Okay, then I would relax a bit.
(06-29-2020, 09:43 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 09:12 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: At the minute I'm about a 6. We haven't scored in 4, but the 2 before were in another world.

I'll only go on the last two games. Blues was sluggish, but can be excused due to first game back.

Brentford, they scored from their first attack and on another day it could have been a draw if we'd scored in that 20 min spell when they were on the ropes at the start of the second.

We still have heaps of creativity and a 5 pint cushion with not too many matches left. Brentford don't look like world beaters either, but have had a good two game spell at the minute.

I'm still relatively confident we have enough to see this through.

Bit early in the day for 5 pints?

Would explain our performances since restart though!
Wouldn't say I'm overly worried at the moment, as has been said, the gap has only been reduced by 1 point with 2 less games played, and looking at our fixtures, I'd like to think we can get over the line. However, I also think the fact that even if we get promoted chances are the new season will kick off BCD is killing off any enthusiasm I have.

We started sluggishly following the summer, the home draws against Millwall and Reading were reminiscent of our recent performances and we were fortunate to come away with wins at Forest and Luton. It took a few games for us to come together then and I expect it will again now, I just hope it doesn't take 4-5 games.

If we grab a win on Wednesday, I'll be a lot more confident, but as has been said, if we can't take 6 points from Sheff Wed and Hull teams missing key players we don't deserve to go up.
Ask me after Wednesday. An early Albion goal would, in my opinion, lift all the pressure and will get us back playing
I've managed to relax a bit. Taking the results out of context, 0-0 v Birmingham and losing 1-0 to Brentford aren't massively unexpected or bad results. We need to get back on track v Sheff Wed.

I actually think Brentford will slip up v Reading
whatever will be will be
(06-29-2020, 11:42 AM)Ossian Wrote: When it's nil-nil I worry that we will concede first and struggle to get back into the game.
When it's nil-one  I worry that - having conceded first - we will struggle to get back into the game, or that the opposition will get a second and that will be game over.
If we score first I worry that one won't be enough. If we get a second I worry that two won't be enough.
If we're two up and the opposition pull one back that confirms that i was right all along and not just a pant-wetter.
And so on...

Four-nil up going to added time and playing possession football while the opposition chase shadows? Okay, then I would relax a bit.

Big Grin 

At 2-0 up with 5 minutes left I start getting optimistic and think we might get a draw out of it.
Worried no why because if we do go up I will be shouting from the roof tops were in the premiership. But if we don’t on to next season and watching us play in the championship. Do I think we will go up yes completely no doubts. But this is my club and anything can happen. Hate this no crowds though.
This week is huge. If we can get at least four points, I will be much, much happier.
(06-29-2020, 11:42 AM)Ossian Wrote: When it's nil-nil I worry that we will concede first and struggle to get back into the game.
When it's nil-one  I worry that - having conceded first - we will struggle to get back into the game, or that the opposition will get a second and that will be game over.
And so on...

Four-nil up going into added time and playing against 10 men. Then I'm (normally) ok.