Goal difference ...
(07-05-2020, 07:28 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 07:20 PM)Llandudno Baggie Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 06:59 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Is this a thread about Brentford again?  We all know they have a far better GD FFS sake.

No. Its about GD and Leeds....
I kind of get what you are on about as you’ve reframed it. However, the answer is not so different in that it is still about Brentford. 
I doubt any Albion fan really is paying attention to the goal difference unless Brentford catch the two of us. 
Right now winning the title is a mini bonus for both of us. All Albion and Leeds fans want is Brentford to falter sufficiently.

^This
Don't think Leeds run in is that bad, it's identical to Brentford's barring swapping PNE for Swansea...
(07-05-2020, 07:30 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 06:59 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Is this a thread about Brentford again?  We all know they have a far better GD FFS sake.

I kind of get what you are on about as you’ve reframed it. However, the answer is not so different in that it is still about Brentford. 
I doubt any Albion fan really is paying attention to the goal difference unless Brentford catch the two of us. 
Right now winning the title is a mini bonus for both of us. All Albion and Leeds fans want is Brentford to falter sufficiently.

^This
This one is....

Yes, of course all Albion and Leeds fans want Brentford to falter.

With further reframing, my point is that given they are on an almighty run - "a la Villa" last season and "a la Albion" in the original Dingle choke scenario, and Leeds have a propensity to fuck up, our GD with Leeds could be critical.

I hope I am wrong, but don't blame me for my pessimism - over 50 yrs of "typical bloody Albion"  entitles me to a sense of a what's the worst that can happen mentality.
(07-05-2020, 07:49 PM)Llandudno Baggie Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 07:30 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

^This
This one is....

Yes, of course all Albion and Leeds fans want Brentford to falter.

With further reframing, my point is that given they are on an almighty run - "a la Villa" last season and "a la Albion" in the original Dingle choke scenario, and Leeds have a propensity to fuck up, our GD with Leeds could be critical.

I hope I am wrong, but don't blame me for my pessimism - over 50 yrs of "typical bloody Albion"  entitles me to a sense of a what's the worst that can happen mentality.

One of my best mates is a Leeds fan. After how they ended last year he is just the same as us. 
I’m not pessimistic and think it’s pointless being so at the minute, taking into account the fact that we have a 5 point gap and 5 games left and have now got some form.
Brentford are doing so well, but they have to carry on winning 5 more. That’s possible, but statistically unlikely.
My head says we’ll be ok. My heart says we’ll be ok. However, my head also says we might screw up so don’t take anything for granted.
I wish I could be optimistic but I guess it’s the miserable bastard in me that almost expects us to royally fuck up. I don’t think we will, but by expecting the worst it acts as an insurance policy against the crushing disappointment that we’d all feel if it happened.
God, I wished I liked ballet and opera instead of football
(07-05-2020, 08:37 PM)Bristolbion Wrote: I wish I could be optimistic but I guess it’s the miserable bastard in me that almost expects us to royally fuck up. I don’t think we will, but by expecting the worst it acts as an insurance policy against the crushing disappointment that we’d all feel if it happened.
God, I wished I liked ballet and opera instead of football

What he said ?
I thought our GD was only 3 better than Leeds'? Which is nowt.