IT idiot / help
I'm only a part time poster as you can guess but I've recently switched from explorer to chrome, however I can't log in via chrome.  I've clicked the forgotten email thingy but had no reply (although I have it written down and I don't recall changing it).

can the mods, or one of you super techy folk give me a steer please.  ( I had to re-open explorer to post this and yes I do have the internet!)

ta
Why can't you login? It it saying wrong password?

Check your spam for the password reset email, it might be in there.
Can't help with this but if you need tech support for ZX81 or Electron then I. Am. The man.
(07-09-2020, 09:56 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Can't help with this but if you need tech support for ZX81 or Electron then I. Am. The man.

Does your RAM pack wobble when you interface it on the Sinclair?
(07-09-2020, 10:06 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 09:56 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Can't help with this but if you need tech support for ZX81 or Electron then I. Am. The man.

Both the Sinclair and popular Memotech RAM packs suffered from "wobbles"

Back in the day, Blutac was often used to prevent the movement which caused the connection to the interference to break.

The ZX81 remains the most popular home computer in Wolverhampton and Wulfrunians have progressed to using chewing gum and gaffer tape to provide a permanent fix.
Have you tried turning it off and back in again?
(07-09-2020, 10:35 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Have you tried turning it off and back in again?

This is a very good point. 

Any IT professional will always suggest this, known as a re-boot.

Thank you, Mr. Fallout, for your contribution.
(07-09-2020, 10:35 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Have you tried turning it off and back in again?

Failing that, hit it.
Is Chrome remembering and old/incorrect password? When you go to login is the password box already filled out? If so, try clearing it and typing it in again manually.

When you click (lost password) it should take you to a page where you put your email address in and fill out a Captcha. If you do that you should definitely get an email, check your spam folder. its also possible that you originally signed up to the board on an old email account so maybe check any of those if you have them.
(07-09-2020, 10:06 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

oh the hours of typing in lines of BASIC from a magazine to get something resembling space invaders only for the 16k ram pack to wobble  Sad 

The other joy was having to slightly adjust the tape head position to get games to load from a cassette player Sad  and then succeeding only for the 16k ram pack to wobble Angry

being helpful try clearing your cookies and browsing history...Bagpuss is an expert on this I believe Wink