Anti-mask wearers
(08-05-2020, 10:04 AM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 10:10 AM)Protheroe Wrote: But all we end up with is more politicians. If the last 20 years hasn't convinced you that the pool of talent is woefully shallow then I don't know what will.

I agree with you on PR if there are to be any elections to an upper house.

True about politicians, but it's a dangerous argument to say democracy doesn't work because the electorate just vote arseholes. Otherwise, you might just as well just go down the dictator route

The real problem is how do we get democracy to work and stop arseholes getting voted in?

Unfortunately, I have no idea, but I'm certain just giving in and accepting an unelected House of Lords isn't the right thing to do.

A commons full of liars and incompetents is an embarrassment but so is an unelected upper house. We shouldn't give in and accept either.

Benign Dictatorship has its attractions. I am ready to step up when properly called upon.
(08-05-2020, 11:11 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Benign Dictatorship has its attractions. I am ready to step up when properly called upon.

Why did I immediately think of Gavrilo Princip when I read that  Angel
(08-05-2020, 11:15 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 11:11 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Benign Dictatorship has its attractions. I am ready to step up when properly called upon.

Why did I immediately think of Gavrilo Princip when I read that  Angel

Arf Big Grin