Anti-mask wearers
(07-25-2020, 08:38 PM)baggy1 Wrote: as Dekka says, as soon as something goes right you’ll be all over it.

I don't see anything "going right" for some time. With the stupid stupid idea of a 2% online tax, knee-jerk decisions on quarantine and nanny-state obesity bans on advertising / 2 for ones etc the party of government is dead to me for the forseeable.
Conveniently dropping the party you campaigned for, voted for and basically sold as the answer to all of our problems only 12 months ago as soon as they start to do the things we said they would do all along - i.e. never were fit to govern.

You were blinded by your hard on for Brexit and sold your soul to get that over the line. Now their inability to govern is apparent you slink away.
(07-27-2020, 11:37 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Conveniently dropping the party you campaigned for, voted for and basically sold as the answer to all of our problems only 12 months ago as soon as they start to do the things we said they would do all along - i.e. never were fit to govern.

You were blinded by your hard on for Brexit and sold your soul to get that over the line. Now their inability to govern is apparent you slink away.

I don't think campaigning for the #leastworst outcome is quite "the answer to all of our problems". I've been quite consistent for a decade that the Tories are capable of creating at least as many problems as they solve. The underlying suppression of markets since the financial crisis being entirely central to my narrative. I have no problem whatsoever with having campaigned for and helped to return this government given the alternative.

You can accuse me of slinking away all you like, it'd be far worse if I came on here defending this shit wouldn't it?
Herman Cain, 74 year old cancer survivor, Trump surrogate and outspoken mask skeptic dies of Covid-19 after attending Trump’s Tulsa rally without masking up or adhering to social distancing measures. This hilarious tale of karmic retribution is made all the funnier by the fact Cain’s social media team has been pumping out right wing conspiracy bollocks and Covid denial conspiracies on his Twitter account while the man himself has been slowly expiring on a ventilator after being infected with a hoax virus.
(07-30-2020, 06:15 PM)BilstonBaggie Wrote: Herman Cain, 74 year old cancer survivor, Trump surrogate and outspoken mask skeptic dies of Covid-19 after attending Trump’s Tulsa rally without masking up or adhering to social distancing measures. This hilarious tale of karmic retribution is made all the funnier by the fact Cain’s social media team has been pumping out right wing conspiracy bollocks and Covid denial conspiracies on his Twitter account while the man himself has been slowly expiring on a ventilator after being infected with a hoax virus.

LOL.
(07-27-2020, 04:12 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 11:37 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Conveniently dropping the party you campaigned for, voted for and basically sold as the answer to all of our problems only 12 months ago as soon as they start to do the things we said they would do all along - i.e. never were fit to govern.

I don't think campaigning for the #leastworst outcome is quite "the answer to all of our problems". I've been quite consistent for a decade that the Tories are capable of creating at least as many problems as they solve. The underlying suppression of markets since the financial crisis being entirely central to my narrative. I have no problem whatsoever with having campaigned for and helped to return this government given the alternative.

You can accuse me of slinking away all you like, it'd be far worse if I came on here defending this shit wouldn't it?

I agree entirely with you about the least worst option and that lies squarely in the Labour Party camp, it’s exactly why I joined the party to vote for an alternative. I’m pleased that was succesful and many others like me thought the same.

My gripe is the Tory party selection of a proven liar and someone not fit for the job, and to stand by when an unelected bureaucrat (oh the irony) runs the show and the most deviant politician known to man hovers in the background. This was all done to deliver your Golden Fleece of brexit at all costs, and low and behold the costs are materialising. 

Even when they sacked a good friend of yours, who imo was doing a decent job, you commended the bloke that did it as someone you’d like to see more of. That’s what I object to you slinking away from, not owning your shit on a message board.
I think people got the #leastworst option the wrong way round.....
What does Protheroe think of our 'honours' system?
(08-01-2020, 09:02 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: What does Protheroe think of our 'honours' system?

I imagine he’s very much against unelected elite cronyism. Thankfully those chosen are the right type of elite Brexit supporting elite cronies that will be joining the bastion of elite, unaccountable ruling classes in the modern, forward looking House of Lords.
(08-01-2020, 09:02 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: What does Protheroe think of our 'honours' system?

Wiley definitley deserved that MBE.

(08-02-2020, 07:32 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I imagine he’s very much against unelected elite cronyism. Thankfully those chosen are the right type of elite Brexit supporting elite cronies that will be joining the bastion of elite, unaccountable ruling classes in the modern, forward looking House of Lords.

I'm torn between the need for accountability and the Hellish prospect of even more politicians. The Upper House in its current form is anachronistic and the very definition of cronyism.