Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Friends - The TV Show.
If your best mates dad was Kathleen Turner 
Would ya?
(01-13-2018, 11:14 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 11:09 PM)P_K Wrote: Friends is one of the best things ever made for TV. A lot of blokes don’t like it. Maybe some have tried to watch it and couldn’t get on with it, fine. Some refuse to as they think it’s for women and gays. Wrong.

Comedy is hugely subjective. I’m a huge fan of The Office, The Thick Of It and so on. But Friends is easy viewing, with some VERY funny moments, and some very emotional moments. I don’t mind admitting that every time I watch Monica say “you wanted it to be a surprise” to Chandler after Joey had told him she’d left still makes me go a bit fuzzy. And the “I got off the plane” line from Rachel in the last ever episode, followed by Ross’ “unless we’re on a break.....” line is both tear jerking and incredibly funny all in the space of about 15 seconds.

You’ll never convert someone now that doesn’t like Friends. So fair play if you don’t. But those that do will know what I’m on about. But I’m biased as I can recite every word from every episode. Started watching it with my brother when I was about 12/13 back in 1997/98 and have loved it ever since.

Comedy isn’t a competition. You’re allowed to like, love and appreciate all sorts. America has made some great comedy and spawned some awesome comedians. Eddie Murphy, Bill Hicks. Britain has done the same. Billy Connolly, Tommy Cooper, Jasper Carrott, Jack Dee, Lee Evans, Chubby Brown (like him or loathe him, he’s good at what he does.)

If it makes you laugh, embrace is. There’s too much shit and petty bollocks in the world to argue over. Don’t make comedy one of those things.

Unless we’re talking “current” “comedy.” That can all fuck off.

Yep, totally agree. Love Friends. I also got my 12 year old daughter into it - she has the box set. Hopefully one day I'll get to see the last 4 seasons or so which for various reasons I've never seen.

Wouldn’t bother. The quality really dipped after Chandler and Monica got married IMO.
(01-13-2018, 11:22 PM)Duffmon Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 11:14 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 11:09 PM)P_K Wrote: Friends is one of the best things ever made for TV. A lot of blokes don’t like it. Maybe some have tried to watch it and couldn’t get on with it, fine. Some refuse to as they think it’s for women and gays. Wrong.

Comedy is hugely subjective. I’m a huge fan of The Office, The Thick Of It and so on. But Friends is easy viewing, with some VERY funny moments, and some very emotional moments. I don’t mind admitting that every time I watch Monica say “you wanted it to be a surprise” to Chandler after Joey had told him she’d left still makes me go a bit fuzzy. And the “I got off the plane” line from Rachel in the last ever episode, followed by Ross’ “unless we’re on a break.....” line is both tear jerking and incredibly funny all in the space of about 15 seconds.

You’ll never convert someone now that doesn’t like Friends. So fair play if you don’t. But those that do will know what I’m on about. But I’m biased as I can recite every word from every episode. Started watching it with my brother when I was about 12/13 back in 1997/98 and have loved it ever since.

Comedy isn’t a competition. You’re allowed to like, love and appreciate all sorts. America has made some great comedy and spawned some awesome comedians. Eddie Murphy, Bill Hicks. Britain has done the same. Billy Connolly, Tommy Cooper, Jasper Carrott, Jack Dee, Lee Evans, Chubby Brown (like him or loathe him, he’s good at what he does.)

If it makes you laugh, embrace is. There’s too much shit and petty bollocks in the world to argue over. Don’t make comedy one of those things.

Unless we’re talking “current” “comedy.” That can all fuck off.

Yep, totally agree. Love Friends. I also got my 12 year old daughter into it - she has the box set. Hopefully one day I'll get to see the last 4 seasons or so which for various reasons I've never seen.

Wouldn’t bother. The quality really dipped after Chandler and Monica got married IMO.

I can imagine, but it still needs to be done. I gots to know!

I've got ALL the 'Skyline' - box sets...

Including the rare 10th series that was pulled after 9-11