Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Finished my first week back in teaching
Only part-time and my lighter of two weeks but a big step......feeling good!
I feel really sorry for these teachers having the same holiday`s as the kids get and actually getting paid for it
(01-12-2018, 04:01 PM)RainbowTurnedEastStand Wrote: I feel really sorry for these teachers having the same holiday`s as the kids get and actually getting paid for it

Thanks for that but there is a bit more to it.
Well done, pal. Would like to go part-time in 10 years or so, to start winding down to retirement. We'll see. Not always easy to find a school willing, though schools are begging for teachers and that always plays in to our hands in negotiations.

Of course, if only a few of those who harp on about teachers' holidays decided to give it a go perhaps there wouldn't be a recruitment crisis. Being such a piss-easy job, and all...
(01-12-2018, 04:01 PM)RainbowTurnedEastStand Wrote: I feel really sorry for these teachers having the same holiday`s as the kids get and actually getting paid for it

Try it if you think it's so easy. Trust me after a week you'll be begging to go back to your old job
(01-12-2018, 03:48 PM)WallofTrewick Wrote: Only part-time and my lighter of two weeks but a big step......feeling good!

Well done chief
(01-12-2018, 03:48 PM)WallofTrewick Wrote: Only part-time and my lighter of two weeks but a big step......feeling good!

Good news mate.
Good news, well done. Tough job that never really stops and often working under tough circumstances.
(01-12-2018, 04:46 PM)Captainmarvel Wrote: Good news, well done. Tough job that never really stops and often working under tough circumstances.

Cheers.
Wasn't sure if I was still up to it after my meltdown in September. If this one doesn't work that will be it after 28 years in the job! 
Some challenging kids but a nice school with great staff. Only one week in with my busier week of a two week timetable to come next week but a better start than it could have been. 
Onwards and upwards!
I must stop asking the kids if they need a carrier bag or have a 'My John Lewis' card as they enter the classroom though.

Good man, dig in!

(01-12-2018, 04:04 PM)WallofTrewick Wrote:

Thanks for that but there is a bit more to it.

Unbelievable that people post this 
My teacher ex worked her tits off every evening and weekend as well as a lot of the holidays
Still, don't let the facts get in the way of the Mail and Sun narrative