Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those of you at the ground today
If it means us stopping in the premiership who gives a shit
As others have said, that was the best atmosphere for ages down there today. In fact it’s probably the best it’s been since before Irvine took over

(01-13-2018, 08:25 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 06:09 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 06:07 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: The atmosphere was good because it was a big game and we needed to get behind the players. The early goal helped no end. Nothing to do with those cringe worthy clappers.

Behave. The clappers added to the atmosphere, there’s no denying that you pleb.

Is the atmosphere at our place so shit that we have to use bits of cardboard to enhance it? Really? Actually, don't answer that... If that was Villa or Wolves we'd be laughing rightly so.

You don’t attend.

Your opinion on our atmosphere doesn’t matter.
I am not 'pro-clapper' but they helped for sure today. I did moan and say "we are not Leicester" , but it cannot be denied it enhanced the atmosphere, which would have been decent enough (big game, plus better atmosphere in general post-Pulis etc), but nothing like it was. It made the game enjoyable,; I've been hoping the whingers have been drowned out for some time and they really were today. We've needed a partisan atmosphere for some time, now.
(01-13-2018, 06:07 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: The atmosphere was good because it was a big game and we needed to get behind the players. The early goal helped no end. Nothing to do with those cringe worthy clappers.

Is the atmosphere at our place so shit that we have to use bits of cardboard to enhance it? Really? Actually, don't answer that... If that was Villa or Wolves we'd be laughing rightly so.

Do you ever have anything positive say about Albion?

Modern football innit. I think a good point someone made was it helped join up the stands noise. I was against them before the game and didn’t have one today but it gave my son more enjoyment and they definitely added more to the atmosphere than someone passing comment from their armchair
As an added bonus with my son hoovering up all the clappers he could get his hands on, Ive now got a bag full of firefighters for my wood burner
(01-13-2018, 08:41 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Yes I was over the moon with today's win.

(01-13-2018, 08:42 PM)King Astle Wrote:

Modern football innit. I think a good point someone made was it helped join up the stands noise. I was against them before the game and didn’t have one today but it gave my son more enjoyment and they definitely added more to the atmosphere than someone passing comment from their armchair

Fair enough - great for little uns. And I understand your comment re. FF.
(01-13-2018, 08:42 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:

He’s already said he ain’t coming back until we replace the stripes with butterflies!

(01-13-2018, 08:45 PM)King Astle Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 06:09 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Behave. The clappers added to the atmosphere, there’s no denying that you pleb.

(01-13-2018, 06:09 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Behave. The clappers added to the atmosphere, there’s no denying that you pleb.

He’s already said he ain’t coming back until we replace the stripes with butterflies!

Loffin  Big Grin

(01-13-2018, 08:38 PM)Dumbo Wrote:

You don’t attend.

Your opinion on our atmosphere doesn’t matter.

Okay, Dumbo.

(01-13-2018, 08:45 PM)King Astle Wrote:

One of those dodgy shirts would make a decent keeper's jersey. In a far out fucked up sort of way.
I was ( perhaps still am ), totally against the bloody things.     That said,  Of course they helped, mainly first and last 15 mins. The noise when we were taking one of our corners was unbelievable. The atmosphere generally under AP has been much , much better, and The Hawthorns in a big game does rise to the occasion, but today was loud! 
Mine got taken off the seat and slung, as befits a miserable old sod like me.