Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those of you at the ground today
(01-13-2018, 09:21 PM)swordfish Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 09:17 PM)Ah Bhuna Matata Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 09:08 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: And another thing, I did not hear a peep from the Brighton support, even though they had decent numbers.

Apart from when they scored it was pretty much the same at their place.

That's what you get when you rent your fans...I didn't care much for the Amex experience and felt we really owed them a turning over today.
Homophobia alert, ban him Birdy  Big Grin

(01-13-2018, 06:25 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: Last 3 home crowds all over 25k

Get the 2nd tier on!   Big Grin
(01-13-2018, 09:08 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: And another thing, I did not hear a peep from the Brighton support, even though they had decent numbers.

Conceding after four minutes will do that.
(01-13-2018, 08:25 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 06:09 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 06:07 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: The atmosphere was good because it was a big game and we needed to get behind the players. The early goal helped no end. Nothing to do with those cringe worthy clappers.

Behave. The clappers added to the atmosphere, there’s no denying that you pleb.

Is the atmosphere at our place so shit that we have to use bits of cardboard to enhance it? Really? Actually, don't answer that... If that was Villa or Wolves we'd be laughing rightly so.

No fan of the clappers !

BUT, you had to be there today to know what it was like.........

(01-13-2018, 08:40 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: I am not 'pro-clapper' but they helped for sure today. I did moan and say "we are not Leicester" , but it cannot be denied it enhanced the atmosphere, which would have been decent enough (big game, plus better atmosphere in general post-Pulis etc), but nothing like it was. It made the game enjoyable,; I've been hoping the whingers have been drowned out for some time and they really were today. We've needed a partisan atmosphere for some time, now.

Just fantastic to be part of what the Hawthorns can be like when it's rocking again - I really thought those days had virtually disappeared with our fanbase's malaise.

As you looked around you saw the very young to our oldest fans all engaging like we have rarely seen in a decade - not just that but we had smiles on our faces again up there !

(01-13-2018, 08:33 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 08:22 PM)Captainmarvel Wrote: Pardew has lifted us

This. The whole atmosphere about the place changed as soon as Pulis was sacked and Pardew’s style has enhanced this.

If folk want to believe clappers generates the atmosphere today then all the best to them. I’m of the opinion that we would’ve had that atmosphere today regardless.

We would of had a good atmosphere today regardless BUT the clappers seemed to engaged everyone of all ages plus they drowned out any conversations or individual shouts so even if someone did moan no one would have heard them !
So many times over the past few years I've seem kids looking pretty bored at games and lifeless supporting us - not today, they loved the clappers thing as seemed to spread throughout the families who usually many zero contribution to the atmosphere. The younger kids will always remember their first clapper day !
I can’t remember a better atmosphere for years .... when was the last time the whole stadium made so much noise and sang throughout?
(01-14-2018, 08:25 AM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: I can’t remember a better atmosphere for years .... when was the last time the whole stadium made so much noise and sang throughout?

Chelsea at home last year, was pretty good.

I think the rocking ground scared them a bit !

(01-14-2018, 08:27 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 08:25 AM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: I can’t remember a better atmosphere for years .... when was the last time the whole stadium made so much noise and sang throughout?

Chelsea at home last year, was pretty good.

Yep, a great siege mentality for that one but not a patch on yesterday.