Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today’s Ratings
Greg's first half was absolutely shocking IMO
(01-13-2018, 07:47 PM)Statto Wrote: Foster made two brilliant takes look easy, one in each half. Took the pressure off the whole team.

Good solid performance and the all played well. Back four were superb.

Wouldn't swap the current back four+keeper with any combination outside of the big boys, and even then, I'd struggle with some of them.
I can't pay them a greater compliment than, if choosing between Godden, Batson, Wile, Robertson, Statham, or Foster, Dawson, Evans, Hegazi, Gibbs, I'd find  it a  tricky choice. Obviously, on other parts of the pitch, the late 70's team was miles better, but at the back, only Statham would be an absolute shoo-in.
Just as P.S. We've missed Morrison and Chadli through injury this season, because we need their creative abliity, but the one player we've missed most is Dawson. An absolute gem in both areas. We're lucky to have him.
(01-13-2018, 09:05 PM)74bus Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 07:47 PM)Statto Wrote: Foster made two brilliant takes look easy, one in each half. Took the pressure off the whole team.

Good solid performance and the all played well. Back four were superb.

Wouldn't swap the current back four+keeper with any combination outside of the big boys, and even then, I'd struggle with some of them.
I can't pay them a greater compliment than, if choosing between Godden, Batson, Wile, Robertson, Statham, or Foster, Dawson, Evans, Hegazi, Gibbs, I'd find  it a  tricky choice. Obviously, on other parts of the pitch, the late 70's team was miles better, but at the back, only Statham would be an absolute shoo-in.
Just as P.S. We've missed Morrison and Chadli through injury this season, because we need their creative abliity, but the one player we've missed most is Dawson. An absolute gem in both areas. We're lucky to have him.
How he never gets an England call up is bloody criminal.
Good to see the much maligned Livermore get a good reception when he came on. Did well too, steadied the midfield just snuffing out any of Brighton's efforts to a last gasp goal.
Barry MOM for me, that ball to Rondon 2nd half....Hegazi, he was wasted on those forwards today, had ' em in his pocket. Rondon, worked tirelessly, unlucky with that late shot, but not à natural finisher. He don't half need some help.
How does a player get a 10? I'm not sure how Hegazi could have been better today?
In the form of his life.
(01-13-2018, 09:36 PM)Ah Bhuna Matata Wrote: How does a player get a 10? I'm not sure how Hegazi could have been better today?

Hattrick against the Wolves.
(01-13-2018, 08:39 PM)ASOGF Wrote: Greg's first half was absolutely shocking IMO
Strange performance from Greg today. Feel he always looks to do the right thing and keep the ball moving forward. Couple of things didn't go right for him in first half but have to say he was pure class for the first 20 mins of 2nd. Loved hegazi today but that spell by Greg in 2nd half was immense. He also had a spell near the end where he 'won' 3 free kicks in about 5 mins. Really broke the play up. Going to be an important player for is in weeks to come
I thought it was like watching a completely different player second half. Hopefully we see more of that and he's becoming a bit more comfortable with the players around him.
(01-13-2018, 10:00 PM)ASOGF Wrote: I thought it was like watching a completely different player second half. Hopefully we see more of that and he's becoming a bit more comfortable with the players around him.

Confidence.

Don't forget he's probably not used to playing in either a shit or losing side. 

Jury's still out but his pedigree suggests he can bring something.
Gareth Barry was superb today, never stopped. Man of the match quite easily. Also thought Greg played well, closed down quickly and I like the fact that he'll try the one touch passing to move us forwards rather than taking too many touches. To be fair, they all played ok today, was a bit patchy for 15 minutes of either half but more than enough for today.