Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today’s Ratings
(01-13-2018, 10:03 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 10:00 PM)ASOGF Wrote: I thought it was like watching a completely different player second half. Hopefully we see more of that and he's becoming a bit more comfortable with the players around him.

Confidence.

Don't forget he's probably not used to playing in either a shit or losing side. 

Jury's still out but his pedigree suggests he can bring something.

Maybe just maybe the player we all thought and hoped he was is starting to emerge, think he struggles with our lack of movement at times.
The whole back five were solid but Hegazi was bloody brilliant today.

Barry was great. Greg indifferent. Brunt solid and a much needed voice, Phillips very positive.

I thought Rondon did everything but score today, he had a great game. J-Rod tried and got the assist, but we need a second striker in a 4-4-2, it’s so plainly obvious.

Nice to be celebrating a win. Boing boing.
(01-13-2018, 05:57 PM)Gewonenzow Wrote: Hegazi was absolutely immense today, got behind everything. Man of the match.

Rondon did very well. We look at his goalscoring record and it isn’t great, but the Brighton fans on the way out of the ground were eulogising about the way he bullied their centre halves. I still have faith in him.

Barry, Daws and Evans all excellent as well.

Were they really eulogising him though? He isn't committed enough in tackles or getting to the ball ahead of the opposition. His severe lack of finesse and heart has cost us greatly this season. If we had a half decent striker we wouldn't be in the position we find ourselves in. 

A lot of people seem to say 'he was everywhere', wasn't Shane long everywhere and a lot of Albion fans couldn't wait to see the back of him. Longy ran his socks off and assisted goals as well as scored them but was deemed not good enough.
(01-13-2018, 10:49 PM)ReginaldsRod Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 05:57 PM)Gewonenzow Wrote: Hegazi was absolutely immense today, got behind everything. Man of the match.

Rondon did very well. We look at his goalscoring record and it isn’t great, but the Brighton fans on the way out of the ground were eulogising about the way he bullied their centre halves. I still have faith in him.

Barry, Daws and Evans all excellent as well.

Were they really eulogising him though? He isn't committed enough in tackles or getting to the ball ahead of the opposition. His severe lack of finesse and heart has cost us greatly this season. If we had a half decent striker we wouldn't be in the position we find ourselves in. 

A lot of people seem to say 'he was everywhere', wasn't Shane long everywhere and a lot of Albion fans couldn't wait to see the back of him. Longy ran his socks off and assisted goals as well as scored them but was deemed not good enough.

+1

I can't believe the amount of leniency Rondon has got considering his lack of goals.
Could not fault anyone today.

Greg starting to look like the Player we thought we'd get. Obviously used to better movement in front of him and some lovely one touch passes.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Barry coming here but he was fantastic today. Shame he's not 4 years younger.

Dawson and Hegazi were immense. Dawson is very underrated and obviously enjoying the freedom to get forward more.

Now let's go on a run of wins.
Rondon was excellent today.
(01-13-2018, 10:58 PM)TTM Wrote: Rondon was excellent today.

Long used to get absolute pelters for just running about and going down the channels.

Now we have a donkey up front, who has never reached 10 goals in a prem season for us and he's excellent today? 

Everybody sees the game differently I guess, but it's funny how people change their tune about what a striker should be doing. Long was out for months with a ligament Injury from Hutton, come back, scored goals, ran channels but most the lot on here couldn't wait for the 'headless chicken' to be sold.
Rondon was good but had a better striker had a those chances it could of been emphatic.

Go and get Batsuyhi.
(01-13-2018, 07:56 PM)Ed_Hopper Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 06:51 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote: Anyone rating Rodriguez ahead of Rondon today needs their head checking. Go in the dressing room and ask Shane Duffy about Rondon and he’ll say he’s glad to see the back of him... ask him about Rodriguez and he’ll ask if he was playing.

Foster - 7 assured when called on

Dawson - 8 - excellent, shame he didn’t finish his other chances
Hegazi - 9 - beast mode
Evans - 7 - solid, some nice stuff
Gibbs - 7 - good running, lacked end product but a class act

Krychowiak - 8 - won everything in midfield, starting to see his ability come through
Barry - 8 - classy player, tired towards the end but a good shift

Phillips - 6 - not at the races comparatively, didn’t think he did enough
Rodriguez - 6 - grafts but not a number 10, and not quick enough. Typical Jrod display... guts and effort but quality isn’t really showing
Brunt - 8 - great delivery, missed his composure when out

Rondon - 7 - should be an 8/9 but didn’t take his chances. Played very well, but needs to find that clickal instinct.

——

Livermore, Nyom and Nyom all 6s

So did Nyom get a 12!?
These are much better ratings: except
Evans 8
Greg 7
Phillips - tired later but excellent in the 1st half
Brunt 6.5 - excellent set piece for goal but rest was below par
Rondon - totally agree
(01-14-2018, 12:26 AM)ReginaldsRod Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 10:58 PM)TTM Wrote: Rondon was excellent today.

Long used to get absolute pelters for just running about and going down the channels.

Now we have a donkey up front, who has never reached 10 goals in a prem season for us and he's excellent today? 

Everybody sees the game differently I guess, but it's funny how people change their tune about what a striker should be doing. Long was out for months with a ligament Injury from Hutton, come back, scored goals, ran channels but most the lot on here couldn't wait for the 'headless chicken' to be sold.

I'd say Rondon is more like Fortune personally, who was very much appreciated.