Thread on Villa
It may seem strange that Suso García Pitarch leaves Aston Villa after promoting the team two years earlier than planned, taking him to a cup final and guaranteeing his presence in the Premier (that is, sports success is undeniable), but it is not I pray all that glitters ...

CEO Christian Purslow did not always readily accept the owners' relationship with the sports director. In case Dean Smith had to be replaced, he was asked for advice (Suso suggested Javi Gracia, Chris Hughton, Bruno Lage, Purslow wanted Steven Gerrard or John Terry)

Without the presence of the owners (they haven't been to see the team for seven months), Purslow (who does not live in Birmingham) covers a lot of ground. Thus the signing of Drinkwater was his and Dean Smith's (Suso was in London signing Nzonzi)

The owners asked Suso for a quality jump in the squad and on the bench for the following season. Contacts were established with high-level coaches eager to get on the bandwagon. But the CEO felt sidelined and the relationship with Suso deteriorated.

Smith and Suso have received media criticism for passing on interesting information that protects Purslow. Difficult to work in these conditions. Suso has preferred not to continue despite having one more year of contract, and he told the owners a while ago.
They're cunts. Ends thread.
(07-28-2020, 01:59 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: They're cunts. Ends thread.

I’ve never liked Purslow personally. Comes across smug and arrogant

It’s a great point.
(07-28-2020, 02:04 PM)Duffers Wrote:

It’s a great point.

Well made, too. Think we can close this fred?
In the form of his life.
Cunt club, cunt fans, cunt players.

Fine summary
(07-28-2020, 02:46 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Cunt club, cunt fans, cunt players.

Rather sad how majority of Albion staff have gone there though? And I believe one or two supports us too!
(07-28-2020, 02:56 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:

Rather sad how majority of Albion staff have gone there though? And I believe one or two supports us too!

If Heroes and Villians offered to triple my board salary of zero I still would not be interested.
(07-28-2020, 03:20 PM)MGalea Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 02:56 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:

If Heroes and Villians offered to triple my board salary of zero I still would not be interested.

Can't see how any genuine Albion fan would/could go and work there.