Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodriguez
(01-13-2018, 11:37 PM)Baggie66 Wrote: I personally think that if a player makes spurious racist allegations he should be treated as harshly as a player who was proven to have made racist comments.

Correct.

I have no doubt their bloke is making a massive bellend of himself here.
The Brighton player in question has condemned Jay on social media now.
Was Costa punished for racism when accusing Shawcross of poor hygiene?
(01-13-2018, 11:39 PM)Dumbo Wrote: The Brighton player in question has condemned Jay on social media now.

There had best be evidence rather than a gesture that is wide open to interpretation then, otherwise he can fuck right off.
Maybe J Rod could sue for slander
It’s an weird one.looked as if Rodriquez did the old classic smelly breath thing but Bong surely wouldn’t make such a serious accusation without some provoking?

This will get sorted in a couple of days. I’d be completely shocked if Rodriquez has said anything beyond a bit of primary school bullying. However I could be wrong.
as with the holgate incident the ref was right there so should have heard everything that was said
(01-13-2018, 11:41 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: Was Costa punished for racism when accusing Shawcross of poor hygiene?

Racism wasn't mentioned. It was laughed off even by Shawcross who's wife posted a picture of him grinning and holding a deodorant - we'd beaten them so he could more easily laugh it off.

If the gesture is all that's happened then Brighton's actions in reporting the incident are disgusting. Hughton said on MotD that something was said though. 

Frankly, I think this sort of thing is bollocks anyway. The nasty man said something nasty to me. Boo fuckin' hoo. Man up.

(01-14-2018, 12:03 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 11:41 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: Was Costa punished for racism when accusing Shawcross of poor hygiene?

Racism wasn't mentioned. It was laughed off even by Shawcross who's wife posted a picture of him grinning and holding a deodorant - we'd beaten them so he could more easily laugh it off.

If the gesture is all that's happened then Brighton's actions in reporting the incident are disgusting. Hughton said on MotD that something was said though. 

Frankly, I think this sort of thing is bollocks anyway. The nasty man said something nasty to me. Boo fuckin' hoo. Man up.

It’s not bollox at all if he’s been a racist. That would be disgusting.

But I agree with you...two men acting like children is, literally, utter bollox.
I've seen this smelly breath gesture plenty of times over the years, can definitely remember Horsfield doing it to someone, but plenty of other players too for different sides during "square ups" on the field. If this fuss is all about that gesture, its bloody bizarre.