Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evans
(01-13-2018, 09:12 PM)swordfish Wrote: Agree with the Hegazi praise, he's well worth it. But, I don't remember seeing too many centre halves as good as JE, in my time, playing for us.  It's sad if he goes but if it is necessary then so be it, I'll remember his time here in a good way and I'm not having any of that Billy Big'uns nonsense. He is quality.

Agreed idealy we keep him and Lai finds the money to fund a striker and attacking midfielder and sticks 2 fingers up to ffp rules for this season,,,,,Fwiw the best centre backs i've personally seen up here are Wile & Robertson bar none.
(01-13-2018, 08:23 PM)Captainmarvel Wrote: Best CB for many many years, although different type of player but Zthe beast is starting to look better and better...

I watched Evans closely today and he made quite a few mistakes and was found wanting at times.  

Hegazi on the other hand was imperious. 

I think we should get as much for Evans as we can and get a striker.
Evans was brilliant today, so many crucially timed interceptions. He marshalls that back line so well too. Can't believe someone could find a performance littered with mistakes, we kept a clean sheet and Foster was hardly threatened.
(01-13-2018, 08:59 PM)ASOGF Wrote: Hegazi has been unbelievable. Anyone saying otherwise is a slave to their own confirmation bias

A beast, but his distribution is absolutely top drawer. Rarely a misplaced pass.
(01-13-2018, 11:19 PM)Wednesburybaggie Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 08:59 PM)ASOGF Wrote: Hegazi has been unbelievable. Anyone saying otherwise is a slave to their own confirmation bias

A beast, but his distribution is absolutely top drawer. Rarely a misplaced pass.

Liked him from 1st game of season for £4.5m an absolute steal in todays crazy market a more than adequate replacement for Jonas and  providing he stays will go on to be just as bigger legend as Jonas imo ,Dawson too was imense today we've really missed him another legend in the making
Hegazi was awesome , all the body language from Evans was from a man who wants to stay.
(01-13-2018, 11:49 PM)bangalorebaggie Wrote: Hegazi was awesome , all the body language from Evans was from a man who wants to stay.

Have to say the way he celebrated his goal did'nt seem like someone who wants out.
Did anyone notice how Evans was playing on the right hand side next to Dawson and Hegazi was next to Gibbs?

IMO moving Dawson in alongside Hegazi wouldn’t weaken us as much as people would think. But Dawson a massive upgrade on Nyom. (Who I think is better at left back than right back)
(01-14-2018, 12:02 AM)Jonny_Evans Wrote: Did anyone notice how Evans was playing on the right hand side next to Dawson and Hegazi was next to Gibbs?

IMO moving Dawson in alongside Hegazi wouldn’t weaken us as much as people would think. But Dawson a massive upgrade on Nyom. (Who I think is better at left back than right back)

Aye. Made that point to my dad. An interesting switch.

Personally think Gibbs is consistently our best defender but at least it is currently a good contest.
(01-14-2018, 12:09 AM)Heath Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 12:02 AM)Jonny_Evans Wrote: Did anyone notice how Evans was playing on the right hand side next to Dawson and Hegazi was next to Gibbs?

Aye. Made that point to my dad. An interesting switch.

Personally think Gibbs is consistently our best defender but at least it is currently a good contest.

They started with Evans on the right in September, but Evans looked uncomfortable. They switched and Hegazi took a while to settle on the right. It was surprising that they switched back today. I took it to mean that Evans is off and Dawson will move to CB.