Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evans
(01-14-2018, 12:09 AM)Heath Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 12:02 AM)Jonny_Evans Wrote: Did anyone notice how Evans was playing on the right hand side next to Dawson and Hegazi was next to Gibbs?

IMO moving Dawson in alongside Hegazi wouldn’t weaken us as much as people would think. But Dawson a massive upgrade on Nyom. (Who I think is better at left back than right back)

Aye. Made that point to my dad. An interesting switch.

Personally think Gibbs is consistently our best defender but at least it is currently a good contest.

So pleased Gibbs finally has a win to celebrate. He's been excellent all season.

I've now revised my opinion of Hegazi. All season I felt he was prone to an error or two per game but he's got even better in the last month. A good signing.
(01-14-2018, 12:35 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 12:02 AM)Jonny_Evans Wrote: Did anyone notice how Evans was playing on the right hand side next to Dawson and Hegazi was next to Gibbs?

IMO moving Dawson in alongside Hegazi wouldn’t weaken us as much as people would think. But Dawson a massive upgrade on Nyom. (Who I think is better at left back than right back)

Personally think Gibbs is consistently our best defender but at least it is currently a good contest.

They started with Evans on the right in September, but Evans looked uncomfortable. They switched and Hegazi took a while to settle on the right. It was surprising that they switched back today. I took it to mean that Evans is off and Dawson will move to CB.

So did I Chesh.

Although IMO Pardew may go;

Dawson - McAuley - Hegazi - Gibbs
(01-13-2018, 11:49 PM)bangalorebaggie Wrote: Hegazi was awesome , all the body language from Evans was from a man who wants to stay.

Yeah. Because when players are about to leave they don’t celebrate scoring goals. FFS sake.
(01-13-2018, 11:49 PM)bangalorebaggie Wrote: Hegazi was awesome , all the body language from Evans was from a man who wants to stay.

Come on BB. Stop being so Naive. The bloke is a consummate professional with pride in his performance. He is not a child like Berahino et al he is an adult. That has absolutely no indication of his future plans.
Evans will probably wave on the last day of the window whilst wearing a light blue top.
(01-14-2018, 01:02 AM)Jonny_Evans Wrote:

They started with Evans on the right in September, but Evans looked uncomfortable. They switched and Hegazi took a while to settle on the right. It was surprising that they switched back today. I took it to mean that Evans is off and Dawson will move to CB.

So did I Chesh.

I think Nyom has found his level now, that is on the bench at Premier League level. Unless we bring a new RB or CB in, I can see GMac getting a few games in the post-Evans era. If it comes to that.
Thought it was strange that Hegazi and Evans were switched today. Evans is naturally left footed.
(01-14-2018, 01:02 AM)Jonny_Evans Wrote:

So did I Chesh.

I really don't think that weakens us.  McAuley can still do and is a fantastic player.