Is it just me......
I don't really care, Brentford, a new ground ( never stadium to me ) Fulham always a great day out, obviously this post is based on me ever seeing live football again.
Don't get the hate. This is their best season since the war, let them get carried away.

They've done things the right way, they play good football and they'll generate themselves a healthy income this summer (promotion or not) from selling players that they bought for peanuts.

We're West Bromwich Albion, why are we talking about Brentford?
(07-30-2020, 07:49 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Don't get the hate. This is their best season since the war, let them get carried away.

They've done things the right way, they play good football and they'll generate themselves a healthy income this summer (promotion or not) from selling players that they bought for peanuts.

Because their level of delusion is matching that of Forest and The Seals.
Their arrogant manager doesn't help me warm to them.
(07-30-2020, 08:58 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 07:49 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Don't get the hate. This is their best season since the war, let them get carried away.

Delusion or ambition?

I suspect some people would prefer a closed shop where only the biggest and most historically relevant clubs are allowed in the top flight. None of these upstarts like Bournemouth or Brentford.

(No minstrel. I’m not saying that’s what you want, more a general observation)
(07-30-2020, 10:22 AM)Duffers Wrote:

Delusion or ambition?

I suspect some people would prefer a closed shop where only the biggest and most historically relevant clubs are allowed in the top flight. None of these upstarts like Bournemouth or Brentford.

I can't say I have noticed Brentford's supporters' arrogance/delusion but I will say that I fucking loathe Wigan, another of the little clubs with (then) a loaded owner.  Coming away from the game we lost 1-0 at Wigan in the 2003-4 promotion year, their supporters were full of "loadsamoney" arrogance and gloating and full of themselves.  Fuck them.  Glad they have been fucked over in turn and are relegated.  Bournemouth are cheating bunch of inconsequential nonentities, so fuck them, too.

I like Walsall.
(07-30-2020, 10:31 AM)hudds Wrote:

Delusion or ambition?

I can't say I have noticed Brentford's supporters' arrogance/delusion but I will say that I fucking loathe Wigan, another of the little clubs with (then) a loaded owner.  Coming away from the game we lost 1-0 at Wigan in the 2003-4 promotion year, their supporters were full of "loadsamoney" arrogance and gloating and full of themselves.  Fuck them.  Glad they have been fucked over in turn and are relegated.  Bournemouth are cheating bunch of inconsequential nonentities, so fuck them, too.

I like Walsall.

+1 for Walsall, except when we play them, they seem to be a bogey team!
I don't really have a great problem with Brentford per se, it's just the Sky wankfest around them that gets on my tits, but that's easily remedied with the volume control or the on/off switch.
(07-30-2020, 12:26 PM)Psalm23 Wrote: I don't really have a great problem with Brentford per se, it's just the Sky wankfest around them that gets on my tits, but that's easily remedied with the volume control or the on/off switch.

Same goes for commentary.  Just TURN THE SOUND OFF!!!  FFS!!!

Delusion or ambition?

I've no problems with small clubs in the Prem. Let's face it, we are a small club in the Prem.

It's when their message boards suggest that we would "park the bus" against them, when we played them.

They beat us fair and square, no argument. But in The Chump, we haven't parked the bus against anyone in 20 years, so why they think we would afford them the courtesy now, is beyond me.

They have ideas way above their station.