Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why oh why is Southampton a Cat B game?
One for the Assembly.

Next Home game. 

30£ against Southampton. Surely should have been 25£
That's a pretty poor call.

Another important match that we want a packed crowd behind the team. The club still has time to reverse this weird decision.
(01-14-2018, 08:22 AM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: That's a pretty poor call.

Another important match that we want a packed crowd behind the team. The club still has time to reverse this weird decision.

They can’t now EMB. Tickets went on sale last week. No incentives for Students or Juniors either. We need to pack the place. Minimum crowd needs to be around 25k
Supply and Demand, folk have asked why the Hawthorns is only a 27,000 stadium; you have your answer, if demand exceeds supply, then price increases.
(01-14-2018, 09:15 AM)SaltersSprings Wrote: Supply and Demand, folk have asked why the Hawthorns is only a 27,000 stadium; you have your answer, if demand exceeds supply, then price increases.

Have they? I must have missed the stadium expansion debate on here.
(01-14-2018, 09:17 AM)UCEbaggie Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 09:15 AM)SaltersSprings Wrote: Supply and Demand, folk have asked why the Hawthorns is only a 27,000 stadium; you have your answer, if demand exceeds supply, then price increases.

Have they? I must have missed the stadium expansion debate on here.

Not to worry, I'm sure it'll get mentioned again.

How? We haven’t sold out a game this season. The capacity does need increasing to around 32k. It would enable Club to have more family sections and increase matchday offers for families which they currently are unable to
(01-14-2018, 09:29 AM)Jonny_Evans Wrote:

How? We haven’t sold out a game this season. The capacity does need increasing to around 32k. It would enable Club to have more family sections and increase matchday offers for families which they currently are unable to

I don't get your argument, if we haven't sold out a 27,000 stadium you want to increase it by 5,000? 

Last time we averaged higher than our current capacity was 1970 by 1000 & 1959 for over 30k

But for all that said, I think the ground would look great with the Halfords mirroring the Rainbow, plus it does show ambition
(01-14-2018, 09:49 AM)SaltersSprings Wrote:

I don't get your argument, if we haven't sold out a 27,000 stadium you want to increase it by 5,000? 

Last time we averaged higher than our current capacity was 1970 by 1000 & 1959 for over 30k

We really need to change this way of thinking. Lots of clubs historically have averaged less than they did in 50’s/60’s/70’s. Football has never been as popular and welcoming to families. 
Club is very short sighted, we could have for example purchased the Villa Shop in town and converted into a wba shop that sells merchandise AND tickets. Try and increase footfall and appeal to University Students in and around Birmingham. Them are my onions. It would cost WBA £20m to construct a second tier, that’s one Jay Rodriguez and a years wages for Greg. 

Often families are deterred from attending as you can’t get four tickets together with a decent view. Notice where our empty seats tend to be? Lower brummie and woodman corner. East Stand and West stand generally sells out.

“But for all that said, I think the ground would look great with the Halfords mirroring the Rainbow, plus it does show ambition”

Spot on Salters. Our ground is very neat and traditional yet clean/modern. That would “complete” it imo

This; the voice of reason.

2nd tier on the Halfords and do the Millenium corner - leaving the access below - would look sweet especially if the roof curved to join the Smeth.