Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why oh why is Southampton a Cat B game?
Fill in both corners of the east stand would add around 2500 aprox, start there and if we continue to sell out redevelope the halfords.
(01-14-2018, 09:49 AM)SaltersSprings Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 09:29 AM)Jonny_Evans Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 09:15 AM)SaltersSprings Wrote: Supply and Demand, folk have asked why the Hawthorns is only a 27,000 stadium; you have your answer, if demand exceeds supply, then price increases.

How? We haven’t sold out a game this season. The capacity does need increasing to around 32k. It would enable Club to have more family sections and increase matchday offers for families which they currently are unable to

I don't get your argument, if we haven't sold out a 27,000 stadium you want to increase it by 5,000? 

Last time we averaged higher than our current capacity was 1970 by 1000 & 1959 for over 30k

But for all that said, I think the ground would look great with the Halfords mirroring the Rainbow, plus it does show ambition
The problem with our capacity is if you want to buy 3 or 4 tickets together for family or friends you can't.

It would enable us to have a proper family section and when we play the top 4 or have a local derby sell out.

Having sat in the Halfords since before it was built it really is time to change it and don't get me started on the catering!!!!
(01-14-2018, 01:29 PM)Jack Halford Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 09:15 AM)SaltersSprings Wrote: Supply and Demand, folk have asked why the Hawthorns is only a 27,000 stadium; you have your answer, if demand exceeds supply, then price increases.

How? We haven’t sold out a game this season. The capacity does need increasing to around 32k. It would enable Club to have more family sections and increase matchday offers for families which they currently are unable to

I don't get your argument, if we haven't sold out a 27,000 stadium you want to increase it by 5,000? 

Last time we averaged higher than our current capacity was 1970 by 1000 & 1959 for over 30k

But for all that said, I think the ground would look great with the Halfords mirroring the Rainbow, plus it does show ambition
The problem with our capacity is if you want to buy 3 or 4 tickets together for family or friends you can't.

It would enable us to have a proper family section and when we play the top 4 or have a local derby sell out.

Having sat in the Halfords since before it was built it really is time to change it and don't get me started on the catering!!!!
How did you sit in the Halfords before it was built?

You can buy tickets for family and friends if you don’t expect to do so the night before. Plan ahead = tickets. Simples.
(01-14-2018, 01:37 PM)Foo Fighters Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 01:29 PM)Jack Halford Wrote:

How did you sit in the Halfords before it was built?

You can buy tickets for family and friends if you don’t expect to do so the night before. Plan ahead = tickets. Simples.

JH has a good point. He has his tickets sorted, he is talking aboutthe casual fan, the walk up. They are put off by not sitting near each other. I don't think it can be argued against that we are underselling ourselves. Just as an example, I paid £35 to sit in the North Stand Upper on one of our Villa Park games. Turned out, there were people who had brought family tickets, 2 adults and 2 kids, also for £35 - all sitting by me. 
There are a whole lot of clubs now who are getting gates they've never had in the past. Why are we convinced we are not worthy? Gradual expansion driven by inventive marketing, it's not impossible to increase our gates by a few thousand.
(01-14-2018, 10:01 AM)Jonny_Evans Wrote:

We really need to change this way of thinking. Lots of clubs historically have averaged less than they did in 50’s/60’s/70’s. Football has never been as popular and welcoming to families. 
Club is very short sighted, we could have for example purchased the Villa Shop in town and converted into a wba shop that sells merchandise AND tickets. Try and increase footfall and appeal to University Students in and around Birmingham. Them are my onions. It would cost WBA £20m to construct a second tier, that’s one Jay Rodriguez and a years wages for Greg. 

Often families are deterred from attending as you can’t get four tickets together with a decent view. Notice where our empty seats tend to be? Lower brummie and woodman corner. East Stand and West stand generally sells out.

“But for all that said, I think the ground would look great with the Halfords mirroring the Rainbow, plus it does show ambition”

Spot on Salters. Our ground is very neat and traditional yet clean/modern. That would “complete” it imo

+1. Leicester , for example, were down to 7k in the mid 80s, a team which had Lineker and Alan Smith. You do not use historical statistics to hold you back.