Universal Credit
Report here

I’m expecting some random blog link to how Bulgaria treats those who are for example disabled in response.
Another reason why helicopter money would have been far more effective than furlough.
(07-31-2020, 09:28 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Another reason why helicopter money would have been far more effective than furlough.

I don't own a helicopter, what use would that be?
(07-31-2020, 09:24 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Report here

I’m expecting some random blog link to how Bulgaria treats those who are for example disabled in response.
That only happens when you make ridiculous and provably baseless statements about how the U.K. treats it’s disabled worse than any other E.U. member state.
(07-31-2020, 09:32 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 09:28 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Another reason why helicopter money would have been far more effective than furlough.

(07-31-2020, 11:12 AM)JOK Wrote:

That only happens when you make ridiculous and provably baseless statements about how the U.K. treats it’s disabled worse than any other E.U. member state.

Good job I’ve never said that then. If you do quote me in response please link directly to the thread.
(07-31-2020, 11:23 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Good job I’ve never said that then. If you do quote me in response please link directly to the thread.
Well... you are going to have to wait a few days as I am on the South coast at present, visiting my daughter for the first time since January. But I will post the link. That’s if you haven’t deleted it by then.
(07-31-2020, 12:23 PM)JOK Wrote:

Well... you are going to have to wait a few days as I am on the South coast at present, visiting my daughter for the first time since January. But I will post the link. That’s if you haven’t deleted it by then.

Enjoy the time with your daughter it’ll be more productive Smile
(07-31-2020, 12:50 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 12:23 PM)JOK Wrote:

Enjoy the time with your daughter it’ll be more productive Smile
Cheers, it’s certainly been a long, long time. And just to be able to sit in her presence is so joyous. Whatever else, I know we both agree that if more people had been more mindful and considerate it perhaps wouldn’t have had to be that long. That is what makes me so annoyed with the cretins who won’t wear masks or keep their distance.
The system needs a further overhaul to be simplified. Having an online system where people tick boxes to answer basic questions which then confirms which payments they are entitled to and be paid straight into their bank account is the system we should have. Why this is so difficult to implement? In the report I also noted them quoting a guy of 65 who had worked as a production manager in same company and employed for 50 years and yet he had no money to see him through 5 weeks waiting for a payment? This is where we need to do better as individuals and take responsibility for our own lives and the punches that come our way. Parents and schools have a role in this to better prepare children for life as responsible adults. But I also agree the system should work for people - especially the tax payer, to support them in times of genuine need.

As per your request, Here you go: 

“Funny how the other EU member states manage to have much fairer, more caring societies. “. 

“You say we looked after the vulnerable before the EU, like throwing the disabled into awful residential homes, shaming and treating gay people appallingly and rampant racism? Hmm

I loved the way you, in your following post, totally ignored my comprehensive, fact filled reply which totally debunked your false and defamatory assertions and sidestepped it with a petty dig at me using one incorrect homonym.
As for you denying writing something you plainly did, can I point out that in the second snippet you credited me with a statement I didn’t make; we looked after the vulnerable before the EU’! I had actually written that the UK had been at the forefront of reforms and enlightened attitudes towards such groups, I never used the phrase 'we looked after'. 

https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread....973&page=3

So. if you are going to have a dig at me, as in your op, make sure you use the correct ammunition and have a defence first.
I'm expecting a thread deletion!