Sheff Wed
(08-03-2020, 12:47 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 12:42 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 12:38 PM)Begley Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 12:12 PM)Old Stroller Wrote: Why do you keep referring to Villa as ‘they’ rather than ‘we’, seeing as you’re a self admitted Villa fan from your posts on here last year?

I am my own person, Villa is a football club. what point are u trying to make? Would u prefer me to lower myself to the standards of many fans from every club? Is there something wrong with being a football supporter and interacting with others?

Oooh! claret and blue touch paper and retire.

corrected for you

Where is my retirement? You are the one running for cover LOL

(08-03-2020, 05:48 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 10:21 AM)Begley Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 12:13 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 10:53 PM)Begley Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 10:09 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Didn't the valuations used by both Detby and Villa coincedentally just about cover the losses they incurred?  Dodgy

Villa hasn't released its accounts for that season yet, they are not due for publication until 2021, I am not sure but I believe DCFC is the same so we don't know. Wednesday's valuation was within 3m of the required amount they needed. Well, that is if they had of sold the ground in the previous financial year and reported honestly  Wink
The figures are disclosed every March to the EFL to ensure compliance for the current season.

It is possible that SW now have a "soft embargo" to prevent them from signing players. Blues breached theirs, which led to the shitstorm afterwards.

The figures that are released to the EFL in March are projected accounts and not the actual accounts, the final accounts will differ from these. The ones submitted in March are only to give the EFL an indication of the financial status and are not in the public domain. Next year Villa will publish their accounts for that financial year.

I know, it is based on a 9+3 forecast. This will be quite accurate because the levels of income are known, and the expenses (mainly wages) are quantifiable. And it is those forecasts that are tested, and will lead to a soft embargo if it is believed that the year end figures will breach FFP based on 2 years actuals, and the 9+3 forecast. 

Many teams will be fucked for the next test in March 2021, because they will have been unable to sell valuable assets after the season end to meet their accounting year end (30th June) obligations. You can expect to see plenty of sales in the EFL to regulate positions before you see purchases, and a number of clubs on business plans, the way that Blues were.

I agree it will be quite accurate as expense and budgeting by a club should be very predictable (excluding this season with C-19).  I don't think too many clubs will be fcuked form a P&S perspective this year. This season will have FFP / P&S changes imo, there is no way that the rules will not be given a relief. Too many clubs have lost too much revenue and if the same rules applied there could be a lots of bloody clubs starting on -12 Wink
(08-04-2020, 12:03 AM)Begley Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 12:47 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 12:42 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 12:38 PM)Begley Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 12:12 PM)Old Stroller Wrote: Why do you keep referring to Villa as ‘they’ rather than ‘we’, seeing as you’re a self admitted Villa fan from your posts on here last year?

I am my own person, Villa is a football club. what point are u trying to make? Would u prefer me to lower myself to the standards of many fans from every club? Is there something wrong with being a football supporter and interacting with others?

Oooh! claret and blue touch paper and retire.

corrected for you

Where is my retirement? You are the one running for cover LOL

(08-03-2020, 05:48 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 10:21 AM)Begley Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 12:13 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 10:53 PM)Begley Wrote: Villa hasn't released its accounts for that season yet, they are not due for publication until 2021, I am not sure but I believe DCFC is the same so we don't know. Wednesday's valuation was within 3m of the required amount they needed. Well, that is if they had of sold the ground in the previous financial year and reported honestly  Wink
The figures are disclosed every March to the EFL to ensure compliance for the current season.

It is possible that SW now have a "soft embargo" to prevent them from signing players. Blues breached theirs, which led to the shitstorm afterwards.

The figures that are released to the EFL in March are projected accounts and not the actual accounts, the final accounts will differ from these. The ones submitted in March are only to give the EFL an indication of the financial status and are not in the public domain. Next year Villa will publish their accounts for that financial year.

I know, it is based on a 9+3 forecast. This will be quite accurate because the levels of income are known, and the expenses (mainly wages) are quantifiable. And it is those forecasts that are tested, and will lead to a soft embargo if it is believed that the year end figures will breach FFP based on 2 years actuals, and the 9+3 forecast. 

Many teams will be fucked for the next test in March 2021, because they will have been unable to sell valuable assets after the season end to meet their accounting year end (30th June) obligations. You can expect to see plenty of sales in the EFL to regulate positions before you see purchases, and a number of clubs on business plans, the way that Blues were.

I agree it will be quite accurate as expense and budgeting by a club should be very predictable (excluding this season with C-19).  I don't think too many clubs will be fcuked form a P&S perspective this year. This season will have FFP / P&S changes imo, there is no way that the rules will not be given a relief. Too many clubs have lost too much revenue and if the same rules applied there could be a lots of bloody clubs starting on -12 Wink

There is a difference between giving clubs relief and allowing rich owners to gain an unfair advantage.

There is a misconception that FFP will not apply in the new season, but this is only at UEFA level. Any relaxation is likely to be to the extent of supporting lost revenue streams.

Those with supportive owners will be ok, the rest of us will have to struggle on. This will not be an unlimited spunkfest for those trying to break into the top 4, though.