Anelka : Misunderstood
Thumbs Down 
(08-01-2020, 05:46 PM)Duffers Wrote: The great irony was that the game he quenelled in was his first good performance for the club (the 3-3 at West Ham).

He must have had that gesture ready to go for quite a while..

Whilst I was corporate at Anfield and had a few, he played well and was unlucky.

Its easy to criticise him but I think he was still too good for us. 

What was strange about the Anfield trip was when we got on the train (we were in 1st class) Anelka, Sess and Mulumbu were in there - I had a quick word but they were in no mood to talk.
(08-01-2020, 11:19 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 05:46 PM)Duffers Wrote: The great irony was that the game he quenelled in was his first good performance for the club (the 3-3 at West Ham).

Whilst I was corporate at Anfield and had a few, he played well and was unlucky.

What was strange about the Anfield trip was when we got on the train (we were in 1st class) Anelka, Sess and Mulumbu were in there - I had a quick word but they were in no mood to talk.
Two of the three didn't want to be there. 

We spunked Seal proportions on moody players who were on fantastic contracts, but didn't want to earn their corn.
(08-02-2020, 12:17 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

We spunked Seal proportions on moody players who were on fantastic contracts, but didn't want to earn their corn.

Hence why, I cannot believe stick players like Townsend get now when they do a more than decent job for us and it was clearly a big step up for them to come here.
Backed on here by morons. Even in the name of football the man was an idiot.
(08-02-2020, 12:27 AM)Squid Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 12:17 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Hence why, I cannot believe stick players like Townsend get now when they do a more than decent job for us and it was clearly a big step up for them to come here.
Yep.
Give me a trier who wants to be here, not a faded, fading superstar who can't be arsed.
Said it before, but James McLean much better than Chadli, even if he had far less talent.
More knowledgeable pundits than me have said that at the top, it's 90% in the head.
Townsend wants to play for us.
But so do Pereira, Robinson, Diang.
For me that's a starting point.

Too good for us? Ffs he was a complete waste and of money, over the hill, more baggage than Heathrow, political statement making twat.
(08-02-2020, 07:23 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Too good for us? Ffs he was a complete waste and of money, over the hill, more baggage than Heathrow, political statement making twat.

Quality.
That first game at home against Southampton when it became obvious after 30 minutes that he was going to be a complete and utter waste of space. When we were all desperate for him to be great, or even just a bit good.
(08-02-2020, 08:49 AM)HeavyWoollenBaggie Wrote: That first game at home against Southampton when it became obvious after 30 minutes that he was going to be a complete and utter waste of space.   When we were all desperate for him to be great, or even just a bit good.

Nailed it. So ineffective. Then scuffed our one chance tamely wide. 

Made Ricky Lambert look like Pele
Remember the Anelka song at Derby away pre season, think it was to She's electric by Oasis. I think he scored a couple that day.