Brentford
(08-03-2020, 08:55 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 08:48 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 08:46 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: We need to find 3 teams to finish above, Bournemouth get their next appointment wrong and they could sink very quickly, hopefully Brentford and then 1 other <prays it’s the seals>.

Bournemouth? Sorry just seen Birdy.

Yep Burnley will slide down one day.

Duh, lack of sleep is taking it’s toll! Meant Burnley.

By all accounts Dyche is on iffy ground at Burnley.relationship with owner is very poor by all accounts. 

If they lose Dyche I think they will find it tough. Brighton under Potter will be flakey. Leeds could go either way imo. Sheff Utd will find it much harder with second season syndrome. Villa are jammy Cnuts so it's not even worth considering them. Palace aren't up to much and Roy's time could be coming to an end soon. Then we have the play off team coming up. 

We need to be competitive against that lot and then have a pop when we play the rest and try and throw a few punches. 

Villa were very much 4th shittest rather than achieving anything. Unfortunately that's the league we're going into. We all know it's going to be a slog.
(08-03-2020, 08:46 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: We need to find 3 teams to finish above, Bournemouth get their next appointment wrong and they could sink very quickly, hopefully Brentford and then 1 other <prays it’s the seals>.

Burnley could be an accident waiting to happen  unhappy campers up there.
(08-03-2020, 09:05 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Gravity will get them eventually. There isn’t too much to separate the 12 or so non-elite clubs. They’re all a bad appointment or bad transfer window away from trouble.
(08-03-2020, 09:11 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 09:05 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Gravity will get them eventually. There isn’t too much to separate the 12 or so non-elite clubs. They’re all a bad appointment or bad transfer window away from trouble.
Precisely, only a handful are relegation proof with the team finishing 7th or 8th generally nearer in quality to the team 18th than the top 4.
(08-03-2020, 11:20 AM)Duffers Wrote: Why are we obsessed with Brentford now?

There's no other football on Big Grin
Does no one else think Leeds will struggle next season?

Let’s face it in previous seasons Bielsa has ran his teams into the ground, and we all know how important stringing some results together towards the tail end of the season can be in the Prem.

They finished strongly this season but a lot of that was down to the COVID related break in my humble opinion.

It’s early days still though, a lot can / will change between now and the first game.
(08-03-2020, 09:24 PM)TheAlbionWay Wrote: Does no one else think Leeds will struggle next season?

Let’s face it in previous seasons Bielsa has ran his teams into the ground, and we all know how important stringing some results together towards the tail end of the season can be in the Prem.

They finished strongly this season but a lot of that was down to the COVID related break in my humble opinion.

It’s early days still though, a lot can / will change between now and the first game.

It could well go either way I agree. Bielsa's sides always implode due to fatigue due to his crazy training methods and I totally agree that the Covid lay off was a god send for them as their players could basically take a huge breather and recharge for the run in. 

Be interesting to see what they do in the window as Bielsa hardly spends any money and trusts his youth a lot. I'm sure they'll add a few but I don't think they'll spend more than us.
I have no doubt they'll struggle. I think they are 3-1 to go down. Fantastic odds
Palace without Zaha, although the £70m to spend, a returning Sorloth and Roy’s nous should get them to 40+pts... though their fans wanting more may mean they sack him early.

Burnley without Dyche - if rumours are true - it’s just a matter of time before they go anyway. Think they’ve run their course

Sheff United were poor post-lockdown, so will be very interesting to see how they do.

Brighton - have cash, and will be better next season as Potter’s methods take roots... also expect them to sign well this summer

Leeds - Hernandez has carried them at times this year, and at 35 the PL probably a step too far. Will all depend on how much they spend, as I think they’ll find 1-0s and winning against the run of play much more difficult.

Villa - whilst they still have Smith they’ll always hover round the drop zone... imagine they’ll throw another £100m around and probably be OK

Brentford/Fulham - BrentforD have real quality up top, and a hell of a scouting network... Fulham have a lot of money but Parker is still very green. Think I’d prefer Fulham to Brentford to come up.

Newcastle - unrest, protests, Ashley will probably loosen enough cash to make them cling onto 15th/16th place - Bruce was backed pretty well last summer / January

That’s 8 sides... at the moment there’s a case for a least 7, possibly all 8 of those sides being ahead of us, so overhauling 3 will be quite a big task...