Food Voucher Scheme worst ever?
(08-10-2020, 04:50 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Can recommend Casa Med in Bromsgrove. Fed 4 with wine for just £50 last week, going to The Fountain with TTM tomorrow and Fiesta Del Asado on Wednesday.

These food posts of yours are tongue in cheek, aren't they??
Not at all chase, Proth really is going to these and for some reason feels like he needs to tell everyone. In fairness I actually am making a note because they all seem like places I'd like to visit.
Why not take advantage of the scheme ?
I am thanks
A very soundbitetastic opening post. Not all restaurants are serving low grade unhealthy crap and there's millions in the hospitality industry that need help so getting people back into the groove of eating out is no bad thing.
Meanwhile look at the figures in context compared to a few months ago. 8 died yesterday, or the day before, there were 800 a day a few months back.
So many can't compute their level of risk is based on so many factors, beyond their health- age, location, where they mix, do they use public transport, current transmission rate, etc, etc. Critical thinking is lost as so few can read beyond the headlines and are so riddled with fear.
Same here spandau - we're off to the Boot, if you're in there I'll be wearing the red carnation
(08-11-2020, 09:30 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Not at all chase, Proth really is going to these and for some reason feels like he needs to tell everyone. In fairness I actually am making a note because they all seem like places I'd like to visit.

Considering his well known libertarian views and feelings about state aid and the size of government, it seems a tad hypocritical to be actually taking advantage of this offer. Maybe he's just looking for someone to bite.

I'm also not impressed by people who have decided to take advantage by doubling up on their orders, tbh.
(08-11-2020, 01:46 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: I'm also not impressed by people who have decided to take advantage by doubling up on their orders, tbh.

Are people doing this?!
It's only £10 per person isn't it - they can eat as much as they like and unless the restaurant is in on the scam then it won't make any difference what they do will it?
(08-11-2020, 01:35 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Same here spandau - we're off to the Boot, if you're in there I'll be wearing the red carnation

Going to try the Crabmill. Like the Boot a lot- haven’t been for a long while though.