Fans back in stadiums in October?
Would it be viable to open for 5,000 with no extra revenue coming in? Sure Prem don't need the fans, but will clubs bother?
I don't see the point if the fans aren't congregated together, the whole point of being in a crowd is the crowd and the atmosphere it brings and the social element to it.
(08-06-2020, 04:46 PM)baggy1 Wrote: I don't see the point if the fans aren't congregated together, the whole point of being in a crowd is the crowd and the atmosphere it brings and the social element to it.

That’s part of it, I suppose. But mostly, people go to watch the team.

Like Squid, as soon as we are allowed, I’ll be back there.
(08-06-2020, 05:07 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 04:46 PM)baggy1 Wrote: I don't see the point if the fans aren't congregated together, the whole point of being in a crowd is the crowd and the atmosphere it brings and the social element to it.

That’s part of it, I suppose. But mostly, people go to watch the team.

Like Squid, as soon as we are allowed, I’ll be back there.

I think it's far more social than going to watch the team, why else did we go during Barmy Bobby's reign?
(08-06-2020, 03:53 PM)Squid Wrote: Some of us actually live in Sandwell, so it makes no odds anyway. I will be back the second the doors open. I don't go football to pay for overpriced scoff and I'm not particularly bothered about talking to anyone when I'm there.

Apart from not living in Sandwell these days, that’s me in a nutshell. I’m an antisocial bugger who would happily sit in my own socially distanced zone watching the Albion. I’ve done so many times over the years at poorly attended away games. Bring it on I say.
(08-06-2020, 04:41 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Would it be viable to open for 5,000 with no extra revenue coming in? Sure Prem don't need the fans, but will clubs bother?

5000 x £30 x 20 games = £3,000,000. Yes it’s viable
(08-06-2020, 06:12 PM)Old Stroller Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 03:53 PM)Squid Wrote: Some of us actually live in Sandwell, so it makes no odds anyway. I will be back the second the doors open. I don't go football to pay for overpriced scoff and I'm not particularly bothered about talking to anyone when I'm there.

Apart from not living in Sandwell these days, that’s me in a nutshell. I’m an antisocial bugger who would happily sit in my own socially distanced zone watching the Albion. I’ve done so many times over the years at poorly attended away games. Bring it on I say.

Me as well. I'll be banging on the door as soon as there's a chance. Can't believe how much I miss it.
Although, I have to say, I don't believe there's any chance this year.
I can’t see us being there this year.

The London Marathon that was due to happen in October, has now been cancelled, except for an elite runners race - God knows the point in that.

Next years race, 2021, again should be in April, has now already been put back until October. Gives me chance to be prepared I guess !!!
(08-06-2020, 07:27 PM)Supamart Wrote: I can’t see us being there this year.

The London Marathon that was due to happen in October, has now been cancelled, except for an elite runners race - God knows the point in that.

Next years race, 2021, again should be in April, has now already been put back until October. Gives me chance to be prepared I guess !!!

Run Mart, run.

I’m pissed off in that this week I think (using google) I’ve fractured my tibia (shin) due to all the walking I’ve been doing.  Gutted. No more walking for at least 3 months.

Snazzle, grazzle, fucking razzle.
I'll be back as soon as possible. 

Excess deaths are below 5 year average (1.5K less over the last 6 weeks) if that trend continued for the rest of the year it wouldn't even be the worst yearly death rate of the last 25 years. 

Only 675 people in hospital, Nightingale hospital being dismantled. At what point do we declare this no more a risk than anything else?  

Who is to say that actually with the hot weather some community immunity, that we are now well over the worst?