The Seals are spunking
Saw the game at Newcastle with some Geordie friends when Clarke stood like a dumpling on the sidelines. I just thought there is absolutely no Plan B. Not too sure there was a Plan A tbh.
(08-05-2020, 06:04 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote: Saw the game at Newcastle with some Geordie friends when Clarke stood like a dumpling on the sidelines. I just thought there is absolutely no Plan B. Not too sure there was a Plan A tbh.

There was so much behind the scenes with Clarke too.

That Chelsea draw killed him totally. Once that tailspin started he was done.

However I really dislike the abuse he gets from some of our fan base, he is still the manager to get us to our highest league finish on the Premier League era.

Had we actually replaced Ashworth properly, replaced Wingoe and Gera adequately, got Lukaku on loan again or qt least someone better than Sick Vic, we really could have built from there.

Instead that summer was a clusterfuck, Clarke was fucked second McDonut came in, then we appointed Pepe Mel, a complete disaster.

Then to compound it, we replaced all that with Terry Burton and Alan Fucking Irvine.

Thank fuck we saw sense and got Pulis in before it was too late..... Then kept him far longer than we should.
(08-05-2020, 05:35 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Seals getting even more excited about the link to Edouard. 

One Villa fan said "it would be the signing of the decade" .    Huh Big Grin

They wont sign him. Destined for better than them
(08-05-2020, 06:36 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 06:04 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote: Saw the game at Newcastle with some Geordie friends when Clarke stood like a dumpling on the sidelines. I just thought there is absolutely no Plan B. Not too sure there was a Plan A tbh.

However I really dislike the abuse he gets from some of our fan base, he is still the manager to get us to our highest league finish on the Premier League era.

Had we actually replaced Ashworth properly, replaced Wingoe and Gera adequately, got Lukaku on loan again or qt least someone better than Sick Vic, we really could have built from there.

Instead that summer was a clusterfuck, Clarke was fucked second McDonut came in, then we appointed Pepe Mel, a complete disaster.

Then to compound it, we replaced all that with Terry Burton and Alan Fucking Irvine.

Thank fuck we saw sense and got Pulis in before it was too late..... Then kept him far longer than we should.

Agree.

I don’t think Clarke would have turned round the mess we were in, but without all the off the field issues in the background I doubt they’d have happened.

Clarke had to go as he’d have taken us down, so, that decision was entirely correct, however the bigger issue was we should have never allowed those circumstances to happen, and Peace taking his eye off the ball, ignoring the advice against McDonut and the subsequent decisions post-Clarke were far more instrumental in our demise than Clarke’s sacking.

(08-05-2020, 06:49 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 05:35 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Seals getting even more excited about the link to Edouard. 

He’s a top player, but Seals probably one of the few who can throw £40m on the table tomorrow.
(08-05-2020, 07:32 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 06:36 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

Agree.

I don’t think Clarke would have turned round the mess we were in, but without all the off the field issues in the background I doubt they’d have happened.

Clarke had to go as he’d have taken us down, so, that decision was entirely correct, however the bigger issue was we should have never allowed those circumstances to happen, and Peace taking his eye off the ball, ignoring the advice against McDonut and the subsequent decisions post-Clarke were far more instrumental in our demise than Clarke’s sacking.

(08-05-2020, 06:49 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

He’s a top player, but Seals probably one of the few who can throw £40m on the table tomorrow.

Given some of the names they have been linked with, they dont plan  spending £40M on a player either.
(08-05-2020, 07:59 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 07:52 AM)standitupbackstick Wrote: He'll stay. Definitely big fish/little pond kind of bloke.

He's the new Le Tissier. Never left saints and won fuck all and had a couple of England caps. 

Only difference is Le Tissier is a decent bloke.

The second difference is that Le Tissier was a far better player.
(08-05-2020, 08:57 PM)Ampadu\s Left Boot Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 07:59 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 07:52 AM)standitupbackstick Wrote: He'll stay. Definitely big fish/little pond kind of bloke.

He's the new Le Tissier. Never left saints and won fuck all and had a couple of England caps. 

Only difference is Le Tissier is a decent bloke.

The second difference is that Le Tissier was a far better player.

And then some!