Premier League 2020/2021
(08-05-2020, 09:47 AM)Super_Slav Wrote: Looks tough on paper.

Arsenal, Aston Villa, Brighton, Burnley, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Everton, Fulham, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Newcastle, Sheffield United, Southampton, Tottenham, WEST BROMWICH ALBION, West Ham, Wolverhampton.

We're already in the relegation zone! Boooooooooo!!!1!
(08-05-2020, 09:54 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 09:51 AM)Sliced Wrote: It will be, but there are enough potential strugglers in there to be competitive.

Fulham and Leeds both have work to do in the transfer window, Palace are on a decline, Villa have a lot to do whether Grealish stays or not, morale at Newcastle is very low, potential second season syndrome for Sheff U and Brighton will be hovering too.

I think it'll be difficult for us but no reason why we can't be competitive.

Agree Sliced.

I think ultimately we will live and die by our recruitment.

A striker specifically. Without a good striker we're doomed - there's no way on this earth HRK or Austin are going to score goals in the Prem
Who would have predicted Watford and Bournemouth to go down before last season? You never know which teams are going to struggle.
(08-05-2020, 11:12 AM)Sliced Wrote: Wolves spending comes in the form of agent fees and signing bonuses, which are through the roof. They haven't acquired that squad on the cheap

This is something that a lot overlook when paying attention to transfer fees.

Neves was touted as joining Liverpool for £30m in the summer of 2017, before pitching up at Wolves (in the second division) for half the price.
Personally, outside of the top six to eight I think the rest are pretty similar. A key injury here, a key player throwing their toys out of the pram here and that team could fall apart. I think we have as good a chance at surviving as 5 - 7 other sides.

The line up reminds me of an old first division.
(08-05-2020, 10:25 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 10:13 AM)hudds Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 10:05 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 09:54 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 09:51 AM)Sliced Wrote: It will be, but there are enough potential strugglers in there to be competitive.

Fulham and Leeds both have work to do in the transfer window, Palace are on a decline, Villa have a lot to do whether Grealish stays or not, morale at Newcastle is very low, potential second season syndrome for Sheff U and Brighton will be hovering too.

I think it'll be difficult for us but no reason why we can't be competitive.

Agree Sliced.

I think ultimately we will live and die by our recruitment.

We have one of the weakest squads in the league, and one of the weakest budgets... hopefully we have one of the strongest management and scouting teams or it could be pretty ugly...
That is probably correct.  I'd be amazed if we don't get steamrollered but the context is that we needed to be promoted purely for financial reasons - realistically, think we should be ready for an immediate relegation but strong enough to "go again" perhaps with tempered own-nurtured youth and no stupid ground-selling or other desperate measures needed to just stay afloat.

Agree with all that.
Promotion to and participation in the PL may not be enjoyable, but it’s essential for us. 

Clubs have shown it’s possible to excel at this level without ludicrous investment, but you have to be savvy. Wolves have shown it’s possible without massive spending (their wage bill last season was the same as Villa’s in the Champ...)

Wolves haven't spent massively? Are you sure?