Poll: Semi Final 1
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1972-74
23.53%
12 23.53%
1977-81
76.47%
39 76.47%
Total 51 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Kit World Cup- Semi Final 1
Here we are then. The semi final stage, a lot of good kits, and plenty of shite ones, have fallen and now we are at the final four...

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/West_Bro...Albion.htm

1972-74: Every tournament has a plucky underdog, one side who defies the odds to battle through against superior opposition. Think Iceand 2016, Turkey 2002 or England 2018... This shirt has won hearts and minds with its funny little badge. But can it stand toe to toe with...

1977-81: It’s Umbro, diamond sleeves, the “WBA” embroidered logo, it’s a design classic... and the guys who wore it weren’t bad either. It has steamrollered all opposition so far.
Erm.

Gonna be a thrashin.
(08-12-2020, 09:14 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Erm.

Gonna be a thrashin.

Yeah this could be like when Iceland came up against France and had six put past them.
Shall we just give the trophy to 77-81 now?
The 72 kit is not being disgraced so far.
The rout is on
No surprises in the first semi.
Is it the kit or is it the team people are voting for that's the question? The team that played in the 77-81 are probably the finest and most loved but I think the earlier kit is still my favourite. That said either is a worthy winner. I like Umbro kits - a mate used to work for them - but not mad about them plastering the diamonds on everything. Worth noting that when Nike bought out Umbro btw they soon got rid of the entire workforce - which is why I will never have anything to do with the yankee twats.
(08-13-2020, 08:39 AM)Brentbaggie Wrote: Is it the kit or is it the team people are voting for that's the question? The team that played in the 77-81 are probably the finest and most loved but I think the earlier kit is still my favourite. That said either is a worthy winner. I like Umbro kits - a mate used to work for them - but not mad about them plastering the diamonds on everything. Worth noting that when Nike bought out Umbro btw they soon got rid of the entire workforce - which is why I will never have anything to do with the yankee twats.

I said at the start that people can use any rationale they want. If people want to vote purely on aesthetics that’s up to them, similarly if people want to vote for kits that were from great or significant seasons, or have any personal connection that’s fine too.

It’s entirely up to you what you vote for and why.

Personally I’ll always vote for kits that hold great memories for me (such as the 00-02 Megson kit) before I go to aesthetics.
1972-74 ------------------- Versus ------------------- 2077-81

[Image: west_bromwich_albion_1973-1975.gif] ---------------------------------- [Image: west_bromwich_albion_1977-1981.gif]

1972-74: Every tournament has a plucky underdog, one side who defies the odds to battle through against superior opposition. Think Iceand 2016, Turkey 2002 or England 2018... This shirt has won hearts and minds with its funny little badge. But can it stand toe to toe with...

1977-81: It’s Umbro, diamond sleeves, the “WBA” embroidered logo, it’s a design classic... and the guys who wore it weren’t bad either. It has steamrollered all opposition so far.