21 years ago today
(08-12-2020, 06:16 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 11:56 AM)BigDave\sTackle Wrote: An industrial estate in Redditch!
The, normally strict, bloke I was working for gave us all half an hour to witness the event, appreciating the rarity of the occasion. 
I always remember one fella staying in to work through on his own, to continue his "rebelling against the boss" stance!!

Ditto - borrowed some dark glass from the welders!

Redditch industrial estate for me too welding visor glass was perfect for watching the event. My Dad was travelling through Normandy with my son at the time and was boasting that they would get the best view from near Cherbourg, he called and said he didn't see a thing as it was cloudy there, he was gutted when I told him that the skys in Redditch were clear and we had a perfect view although not total eclipse here.
Challaborough, south devon
Office car park in Hounslow, through the plastic disc of a CD which was apparently safe. Not so for a couple of Japanese interns who were with us at the time (Japanese company) who watched it through the hole in the middle...
(08-12-2020, 03:57 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 03:53 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: Tell a lie it was Teignmouth, not Dawlish. The wife's got extended family down in Brixham, Galmpton and formerly Churston. If you've ever walked up to Churston Hall from Churston Cove with the golf course split either side of you then you've been past the wife's now departed aunt's bungalow too.

I stayed in a b&b that was a bungalow up that lane in-between the golf course.  Their garden backed onto the golf course (although I think they later sold off the bottom of the garden and a house built there) and the owners were originally from Brum, Hall Green IIRC.  That wasn’t your wife’s aunts place was it?

No FF, definitely not them.