Harper
I wasn't sure about Harper probably because we've only seen glimpses of him but the lad is a fantastic prospect and it has to be the absolute priority at the moment for WBA to get him tied down on a very long contract. 

I don't want to get carried away but when he's running with the ball and going past people with ease he reminds me of Laurie. 

Best prospect for a very long time.  Only 18! What could he be like at 21?  

I've not yet given up on Leko either, I reckon he needs a run of games like Harper has had, but unfortunately such is the pressure on the club to get promotion he won't get them.
(02-16-2019, 08:21 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 08:11 PM)Brandywell Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 07:15 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 06:22 PM)Brandywell Wrote: And to think the fountain of all knowledge "Remi Moses" accused me of being a Dingle for saying he deserved his starting place a couple of weeks ago

#f@ckwit

I have shouted for the youngsters all season, anyone who posts on here is are well aware of that.  
As you want the "I know it all title" it's all yours. You can only use it for one of your log ins though.
Only need one log in, thanks, maybe consider changing your name to Dingle Don

Lets just clear this up I called you a "Dingle" for criticising our own players during the game against Boro - "Clowns" to use your words. Nothing to do with Harper you moron. It was just your attitude towards the team. No real fan knocks his own players during a game. That's exactly what I would expect of a dingle - if the cap fits.

I was actually sticking up for Harper and Field, lovely story none the less
(02-16-2019, 10:12 PM)Hopalong Wrote: I wasn't sure about Harper probably because we've only seen glimpses of him but the lad is a fantastic prospect and it has to be the absolute priority at the moment for WBA to get him tied down on a very long contract. 

I don't want to get carried away but when he's running with the ball and going past people with ease he reminds me of Laurie. 

I've not yet given up on Leko either, I reckon he needs a run of games like Harper has had, but unfortunately such is the pressure on the club to get promotion he won't get them.
I appreciate that you were carried away by a great win, and a good performance by Harper...but comparing him with Laurie?
I don't think so.
Still,its great to finally have a successful academy. 
Thanks to JP, I guess.
Reminds me of Viera.

Doesn't look quick but is. Strides away from players.

Looked fucking shattered second half. I'd rest him at QPR for Sheff U next Sat.

Need that contract signed asap!
(02-17-2019, 09:02 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 10:12 PM)Hopalong Wrote: I wasn't sure about Harper probably because we've only seen glimpses of him but the lad is a fantastic prospect and it has to be the absolute priority at the moment for WBA to get him tied down on a very long contract. 

I appreciate that you were carried away by a great win, and a good performance by Harper...but comparing him with Laurie?
I don't think so.
Thanks to JP, I guess.

Why do people make stuff up? 

Firstly, please DON'T patronise me.  

Secondly, I am not getting carried away by a great win (??? where did I say that, it was a good performance against the worst Villa side in living memory, nothing more)  - far from it - I've supported the Albion long enough to not get carried away by anything because we all know the next crisis is just round the corner. That's Albion. 

I said he 'reminds' me of Laurie - the way he runs with the ball and goes past people? Laurie is incomparable.  However Laurie was 21 when he signed for us and Harper is 18 so a great prospect.
(02-17-2019, 09:47 AM)Hopalong Wrote:

I don't think so.
Thanks to JP, I guess.

Secondly, I am not getting carried away by a great win (??? where did I say that, it was a good performance against the worst Villa side in living memory, nothing more)  - far from it - I've supported the Albion long enough to not get carried away by anything because we all know the next crisis is just round the corner. That's Albion. 

I said he 'reminds' me of Laurie - the way he runs with the ball and goes past people? Laurie is incomparable.  However Laurie was 21 when he signed for us and Harper is 18 so a great prospect.
Is this the 3rd page argument/ personal attack we always seem to get on here?
Don't take offence at a mild disagreement. No offence intended.
He's good, but sadly nothing like Laurie, imo. Nothing patronising there, just different opinions.
Btw I did think it was a great win.
(02-17-2019, 09:47 AM)Hopalong Wrote:

I don't think so.
Thanks to JP, I guess.

I know what you mean though, Athers, especially footwork. I do wonder if he gets a bit more confident whether a wide-right position might suit him.
Could this be a reason why Harper has hot signed a new contract, if the player is 18 and under he cannot sign a contract of more than 3 year’s Harper is 19 on the 8th March 2019 could be signing a nice new 5 year contract we live in hope.
(02-17-2019, 05:08 PM)wba13 Wrote: Could this be a reason why Harper has hot signed a new contract, if the player is 18 and under he cannot sign a contract of more than 3 year’s Harper is 19 on the 8th March 2019 could be signing a nice new 5 year contract we live in hope.

I like your thinking!
(02-17-2019, 06:03 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(02-17-2019, 05:08 PM)wba13 Wrote: Could this be a reason why Harper has hot signed a new contract, if the player is 18 and under he cannot sign a contract of more than 3 year’s Harper is 19 on the 8th March 2019 could be signing a nice new 5 year contract we live in hope.

I like your thinking!

Nah, he will probably FODTW for more money and Prem football