ooh la la
(08-14-2020, 09:40 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote: I have sympathy for anyone suffering difficulties with holidays booked before the outbreak but anyone that booked since surely must have understood it was Russian Roulette to do so?

I'll admit we've rolled the dice and are booked to go to Kefalonia Sunday after searching for weeks for a villa in France with no luck (as we thought at the time!). The only thing we lost was paying £160 for a dog passport, it could have been £3-4000 for two weeks rent. Might still not happen, of course, but at least with a package holiday and relevant insurance if the govt advises against all but essential travel we're covered.
(08-14-2020, 09:52 AM)Fido Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 09:40 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote: I have sympathy for anyone suffering difficulties with holidays booked before the outbreak but anyone that booked since surely must have understood it was Russian Roulette to do so?

I'll admit we've rolled the dice and are booked to go to Kefalonia Sunday after searching for weeks for a villa in France with no luck (as we thought at the time!). The only thing we lost was paying £160 for a dog passport, it could have been £3-4000 for two weeks rent. Might still not happen, of course, but at least with a package holiday and relevant insurance if the govt advises against all but essential travel we're covered.

Who are you insured with?

An article by Which from 31st July state only a policy from Nationwide would cover you in the instance you mention

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/07/cor...insurance/

Be worth double checking your policy if it’s not with Nationwide.
(08-14-2020, 10:22 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

An article by Which from 31st July state only a policy from Nationwide would cover you in the instance you mention

Nationwide (and have been for years under their Flexaccount). Wouldn't have done anything otherwise.
(08-14-2020, 10:29 AM)Fido Wrote:

Nationwide (and have been for years under their Flexaccount). Wouldn't have done anything otherwise.

Nice one.

Also, have a read of this re completing the track and trace forms correctly.  Travellers have been refused to fly to Greece for incorrectly completed forms

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/a...ovid-forms
(08-14-2020, 10:35 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 10:29 AM)Fido Wrote:

Nice one.

Also, have a read of this re completing the track and trace forms correctly.  Travellers have been refused to fly to Greece for incorrectly completed forms

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/a...ovid-forms

Cheers. Have done that. Funnily enough the sister in law and family flew out last week and said it pandemonium at Gatwick last weekend re this PLT thing. Does worry me a bit that you have to wait until midnight on the day before you fly to get the code though.

Absolutely this. If anyone really has a brain and cares about the future they should be spending their money in a socially distanced way in this country.

The 500,000 Brits in France who come back and start another wave obviously won't give a shit if it does kick off again because they've had their nice holiday.

I wouldn't let any of those fookers back in the country until after we've got a vaccine.
(08-14-2020, 12:45 PM)billybassett Wrote:

Absolutely this. If anyone really has a brain and cares about the future they should be spending their money in a socially distanced way in this country.

The 500,000 Brits in France who come back and start another wave obviously won't give a shit if it does kick off again because they've had their nice holiday.

I wouldn't let any of those fookers back in the country until after we've got a vaccine.

I think some of them have hijacked the migrants' dinghies to get back in! Some on the news looked proper desperate to be home. With France running at double our current infections per 100k level it's easy to see why the restriction has been bought in.
(08-14-2020, 09:20 AM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: What baffles me is that they allow over a week for changes in face covering rules (which no doubt help reduce spread of the virus).....surely such changes could happen immediately? Yet they give so little time for people to get back from abroad.
I guess it is just another part of the new world we face under the Johnson / Cummings presidency.

Damned if they do... they were criticised for locking down too late. Now the same people are criticising them for acting too urgently
I am stunned at how blinkered folk are. It is BLATANTLY obvious that there is a very considerable degree of risk attached to foreign travel and that the situation is rapidly changing. People MUST take responsibility for their own and collective safety by observing the cautionary principle. That means this year, no travel.