Bayern v Barca
I'm pretty glad Barca appear to be on the downward trail. They were sublime for quite a sustained period, but I couldn't stand their antics and their attitude of "we're Barcelona, we're above the rules". Whilst they aren't alone, their transfer policy and actions were pretty bully boy.

I think we're seeing with both Messi and Ronaldo now that, whilst they are still at the absolute zenith of the game, they aren't quite as superhuman as they used to be.
(08-15-2020, 10:23 AM)AnelkasBeard Wrote: I'm pretty glad Barca appear to be on the downward trail. They were sublime for quite a sustained period, but I couldn't stand their antics and their attitude of "we're Barcelona, we're above the rules". Whilst they aren't alone, their transfer policy and actions were pretty bully boy.

I think we're seeing with both Messi and Ronaldo now that, whilst they are still at the absolute zenith of the game, they aren't quite as superhuman as they used to be.

Be interesting to see who, if anyone, can step up to their level after they are finished. From the current crop only Mbappe looks capable of getting close to them.
(08-15-2020, 10:27 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 10:23 AM)AnelkasBeard Wrote: I'm pretty glad Barca appear to be on the downward trail. They were sublime for quite a sustained period, but I couldn't stand their antics and their attitude of "we're Barcelona, we're above the rules". Whilst they aren't alone, their transfer policy and actions were pretty bully boy.

Be interesting to see who, if anyone, can step up to their level after they are finished. From the current crop only Mbappe looks capable of getting close to them.

I think we're going to be incredibly lucky to see one, let alone two, players of that ability and production in a long while tbh.
No one will hit the peaks Ronaldo and Messi hit.

Why I hated people comparing them, should have been enjoying watching both of them playing at the same time, not something we'll experience again.

Best of the coming group, Mbappe, Haaland, Greenwood come to mind very quickly, but none will break those records like they did.