Dido!
Nick Ferrari asks Matt Hancock why Dido Harding is in charge of the new health body: "She was in charge of TalkTalk when they were awarded Worst Customer Performance two years running. And you've entrusted her with mine and my children's health." 

He forgot the £60m fine for data breach at Talk Talk and our world beating track and trace system, not to mention the failed App and the fact she’s married to the head of anti-corruption for the Conservatives who advocates abolishing the NHS and has written about it for yet another right wing ‘think’ tank. 

This is shameless nepotism / cronyism!
This is what I posted about the Health Protection Agency on the other thread that got lost in the ether and ended up on the normal bored

(08-18-2020, 12:05 PM)baggy1 Wrote: The latest dead cat for the government to pull out of the bag, they have to run out of these eventually don't they?

Modelled on the German Robert Koch institute apart from that being run by medical / scientific experts and we have chosen the wife of one of MPs who has already shown how to fail on a massive scale.

It replaces the Public Health England (set up by the Tories in 2012) which, under normal circumstances would be seen as a failure of policy, but seeing as they were pulled in all directions depending on what the loudest person was shouting (Obesity, Alcohol, Sugar, etc) and year after year of budget cuts then it becomes another brilliantly delivered failure in how to implement policy and fail to support it.

I see the groundworks for privatisation are already being laid by Hancock with lines like "while the country had some of the best labs available, it was unable to call upon the private diagnostics industry to increase capacity".

Don't say we couldn't see it coming.

Dido fucking Harding, I ask you.
Another anti-establishment, self-made, risen from the ranks Brexiteer, our Dido...

"Baroness Harding's grandfather, Field Marshal John Harding, commanded the famous Army division the Desert Rats during World War Two. Her father was also an Army officer, as well as a hereditary peer. 

Born and privately educated in Dorset, she studied politics, philosophy and economics at Oxford at the same time as David Cameron. Both were taught by the distinguished constitutional historian Professor Vernon Bogdanor. It was the former prime minister who nominated her for a peerage in 2014. And it was under Mr Cameron that her husband made it into government, serving as a culture minister and government whip.

But since entering public service, some suggest she has benefited from a web of professional, educational, social and marital connections that have reignited claims of cronyism at the top of the Conservative Party."

Source: BBC News page (the one with the 62% approval rating - Source: Ipsos/Mori)
(08-19-2020, 08:10 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Nick Ferrari asks Matt Hancock why Dido Harding is in charge of the new health body: "She was in charge of TalkTalk when they were awarded Worst Customer Performance two years running. And you've entrusted her with mine and my children's health." 

He forgot the £60m fine for data breach at Talk Talk and our world beating track and trace system, not to mention the failed App and the fact she’s married to the head of anti-corruption for the Conservatives who advocates abolishing the NHS and has written about it for yet another right wing ‘think’ tank. 

This is shameless nepotism / cronyism!

Of course it is, but when your in trouble you simply must circle the wagons and surround
yourself with like minded people 

It is going to be World beating you mark these words ..
(08-19-2020, 08:10 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: This is shameless nepotism / cronyism!

Yes, it is.
(08-21-2020, 04:38 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 08:10 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: This is shameless nepotism / cronyism!

Yes, it is.

World-beating, gold standard nepotism.