First away game
I’ve narrowed it down to 2.

It was definitely Forest and we definitely lost. So it was either Jan1980 or October 1980 in the following season.

It’s not possible to ask the people that took me.
I was reading responses in reverse order-didn't realise Cornish had commented already.   What a story.   Just bought the 1976 and all that book-looks like Laurie Rampling's first game was the 54 Cup Final.  How does this even happen ? My Dad's first Albion game, and the only one he ever went to before he started going with me, was the 1970 League Cup Final.   OK we lost, but he's seen something that 50 years later I'm less and less convinced I'm ever going to see.
(09-05-2020, 07:49 AM)mickeypearce Wrote: Blues away 1988 just after Fat Ron left for the second time, nice 4-1 victory for us.

Blues away was also my first away game but a couple of years ealier in Feb 86. Bennet scored with an overhead kick in the snow and  won 1-0. It was the dire relegation season and we only won 4 games all season including a double over Blues. Following season I  bought my first season ticket!
Molineux 1967.They had just been promoted and we played them on a Wednesday night. I was on the South Bank with my Dad. 3-3. I think it was Bomber who punched one in! Over 50000 in attendance.
some away day at Blues or Villa 1978.

First trip was 1978 Cup Semi vs Ipswich at Highbury
1982 Cup Semi at Highbury

https://youtu.be/HXoPYdyN5iE
Forest away Bomber got 4 goals first time I went on a train
With a mate to watch a game
Although I sure I did seen us play at Villa
Before this around 72 I think

Complete opposite from my first home game Which we lost
Villa away 1974 with my brothers, we lost, 3-1 I think. We sat in the Trinity Stand toward the Witton End. Remember when we scored loads of Albion in there with us.

My first 'proper' away game was a couple of seasons later - Chelsea away 75-76 season. We won 2-1. Missed the Chelsea goal as our Prospect coach broke down ((left to one arm Albion fan Gary to fetch water from a frozen lake), we didn't arrive until about 320pm.

The whole day was an eye opening experience of travelling away in the 70's
I never saw us lose away until Derby play off final, but Hudds said neutral venues don't count as away games...
(09-05-2020, 09:29 AM)shadman Wrote: Villa away 1974 with my brothers, we lost, 3-1 I think. We sat in the Trinity Stand toward the Witton End. Remember when we scored loads of Albion in there with us.

My first 'proper' away game was a couple of seasons later - Chelsea away 75-76 season. We won 2-1. Missed the Chelsea goal as our Prospect coach broke down ((left to one arm Albion fan Gary to fetch water from a frozen lake), we didn't arrive until about 320pm.

The whole day was an eye opening experience of travelling away in the 70's

75 that was mate-we beat them 3-1 there in 74.   I can still remember the trauma-we'd beat them 3 time in a row up to that and I barely knew who they were before that they'd been that shit in the early 70s.   And we were 1-0 up at half-time in the game you refer to.

Was also in the Trinity, though sadly very near the Holte.