Daniel sturridge joins west brom
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguar...p-coutinho

Cant believe this was more than 2 and a half years ago!!
Weirdly I bear Sturridge very little ill will in this. He tried gamely, his legs were just made of breadsticks.
When Sturridge signed for Albion you could buy the shirt and have his name (and number 15) added for free. So I bought the top for my now 10 year old.
His even more Albion mad 6 year old younger brother now wears that shirt religiously. I haven't the heart to tell him how disappointing Sturridge was for Albion.
Agree with Duffers. It wasn't through lack of effort. More being made of fragile glass. Although as I recall he had a small part in the build up to Livermore's late, late winner vs Spurs in one of the wildest celebrated goals seen at the Hawthorns in recent years.
It was absolutely worth the gamble.. Just didn't work.
(09-06-2020, 07:54 PM)Duffers Wrote: Weirdly I bear Sturridge very little ill will in this. He tried gamely, his legs were just made of breadsticks.
Entirely agree.
It was a last chance saloon gamble in a catastrophe of a season and so fitting that he got crocked.
Agreed. He looked really sharp too and was trying to use us to get in the England squad again.
(09-06-2020, 09:41 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 07:54 PM)Duffers Wrote: Weirdly I bear Sturridge very little ill will in this. He tried gamely, his legs were just made of breadsticks.
Entirely agree.
It was a last chance saloon gamble in a catastrophe of a season and so fitting that he got crocked.

Also agree. There are many fingers to be pointed about that season, but not at him. Pretty much nothing went for us that season. We need to hope three other teams have a season like that this season.
I have no issue with Sturrudge. Liked him as a player and hoped he'd do the business. Sadly injuries gave ruined a possibly great career.
The brief moments I saw of him he looked class, and could have made the difference.
It's interesting that he's had a spell of fitness in Turkey.... and that, as I mentioned a while ago, he's now available on a free...
That went down well on here!