Area of Concern - Full backs
I’m pretty convinced that with the way Bilic wants us to play he’s not overly keen on our full back options.

Of O’Shea, Furlong, Gibbs and Townsend?

I think our best bet may well be O’Shea and Gibbs as our full back options. We just need to hope both steer clear of injuries.

There’s been talk of trying to shift Gibbs because of wages and signing a left back. Losing Ferguson must have been a body blow to Bilic.

Thoughts on full back options?
Still a month of this nonsense until the window closes.
(09-07-2020, 01:57 PM)Duffers Wrote: Still a month of this nonsense until the window closes.

Mate if you don’t like my threads/posts. Then don’t respond. Why be a dick? Just ignore me if you don’t want to engage.
There are more pressing areas of concern than full back for me at this moment. Up front and ball winning midfielder for me.
(09-07-2020, 01:58 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 01:57 PM)Duffers Wrote: Still a month of this nonsense until the window closes.

Mate if you don’t like my threads/posts. Then don’t respond. Why be a dick? Just ignore me if you don’t want to engage.

How about this for a suggestion/piece of advice Ziz...

Not every thought that enters that head of yours needs its own thread.

Am I really that annoying? 

And re Ziz’s post, the club putting Gibbs on the list of players we will listen to offers for does give a tinsy whincy hint as to what Slav would like to do with our LB position so no need for your crystal ball on this one.
I've said LB is a position we should be strengthening since before the end of last season. Gibbs is top class but I can't see him playing every game (though having a week between most league games will help him).
(09-07-2020, 01:56 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: I’m pretty convinced that with the way Bilic wants us to play he’s not overly keen on our full back options.

I think our best bet may well be O’Shea and Gibbs as our full back options. We just need to hope both steer clear of injuries.

There’s been talk of trying to shift Gibbs because of wages and signing a left back. Losing Ferguson must have been a body blow to Bilic.

Furlong and (especially) Townsend are well short of the required level IMO. We just need to cover in case of injuries to O’Shea and Gibbs, which hopefully can be done with little outlay eg Peltier or a loan
(09-07-2020, 02:10 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 01:56 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: I’m pretty convinced that with the way Bilic wants us to play he’s not overly keen on our full back options.

Furlong and (especially) Townsend are well short of the required level IMO. We just need to cover in case of injuries to O’Shea and Gibbs, which hopefully can be done with little outlay eg Peltier or a loan

You watched any of Townsend last season? I bang on about this but I'm genuinely baffled by the people who still think he isn't very good. Maybe he can step up maybe he can't but he was very good in the games he started last season and doesn't deserve to be dismissed as he too often is.
(09-07-2020, 02:15 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 02:10 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote:

You watched any of Townsend last season? I bang on about this but I'm genuinely baffled by the people who still think he isn't very good. Maybe he can step up maybe he can't but he was very good in the games he started last season and doesn't deserve to be dismissed as he too often is.

This.

He barely put a foot wrong whilst Gibbs was out.