Favourite track by...vol 133
(09-12-2020, 01:57 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 09:40 AM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 07:55 AM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 07:27 AM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote: Feel Flows, Surfs Up, Funky Pretty.
Some strange stuff on Smile though.
Love the Smile stuff

I do like Smile, in it's day it may have set new standards if Brian had managed to get it finished properly. He was in a strange place back then, ( many other bands were spaced out ). Still like some stuff off Wild Honey and Sunflower.

You should get Sunshine Tomorrow which has loads of Wild Honey outtakes. Sunflower is a gem, in fact This Whole World was close to getting my nomination. 
As sad as it was that Smile never got completed I never in my wildest dreams thought I’d see a version of it performed live. Don’t know if you caught that tour in 2004 MOSS?
Didn't catch the tour, but am sure I have see it on BBC 4 or something 
 I have got Sunshine Tomorrow,  but haven't listened to it for a while. Think similar issues of Friends & 20 / 20 are available as downloads.
Saw Brian Wilson with Al Jardine and a band of excellent musicians at Hop Farm festival a few years back.
One of the most uplifting evenings of music I have ever experienced.
I'd forgotten just how many wonderful songs they had in their back catalogue.
But Sloop John B brought a tear to my eyes for reasons I wont bother going into...such a beautiful song.
Did you used to roam around Nassau Town … or just get shipwrecked?
(09-12-2020, 11:59 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Saw Brian Wilson with Al Jardine and a band of excellent musicians at Hop Farm festival a few years back.
One of the most uplifting evenings of music I have ever experienced.
I'd forgotten just how many wonderful songs they had in their back catalogue.
But Sloop John B brought a tear to my eyes for reasons I wont bother going into...such a beautiful song.

Were you buggered to it at boarding school?