Public schoolboy footballers
(09-19-2020, 10:47 AM)HeavyWoollenBaggie Wrote: Frank Lampard
Patrick Bamford

Patrick Bamford - 'He has said that his more privileged upbringing has led him to be treated differently in a sport where most players are from the working class.'

He was apparently offered a free scholarship to study business and play football at Harvard. We all knew about that option - we were offered it all the time. In fact, many of my friends went (although some chose the 'croquet' option to be fair). So he was definitely treated exactly the same.
Wayen Rooney - Harrow
(09-19-2020, 10:37 AM)fuzzbox Wrote: Crystal Palace have an agreement with Whitgift. The families don't pay.

It's a tiny bit of a con because it means that the schools (they're not the only ones) can retain their charity status by saying they open their gates to the proletariat and BAME by offering reduce rates. Of course, at the same time they are still getting paid by the football club (albeit at a slightly reduced rate) and hopefully getting a rich alumni to give them yet more money when they become players and rich new offspring to educate at a premium price when the time comes.

Everybody's a winner.

Except for the 'normal' people who still can't get a place there despite now having to subsidise the place due to their tax exempt status....
You're talking my language!
Can't imagine any democracy electing those toffs into government... Dodgy
I played against now Hednesford Town assistant boss Marvin Robinsbon when he was at Wolves Grammar. He went on to play for Derby and a few smaller clubs I think. He was alright but not all that. Better than most I played against.
Bamford?
based on how they look Harvey Barnes and Connor Gallagher both remind me of the Etonian sort, probably neither are.