Hear me out....
This season won’t be boring... we will have some cracking games, but I fear we’ll be on the wrong side of some 3-2s and 4-1s more often than not.

This season is a free hit, it was all about ensuring we still have a competitive and viable club for the nezt 2-3 years.

Young squad, lots of potential player development, more games for the youth, and just try and enjoy it whatever happens.
I agree. It was encouraging until the red cards. Gallagher and Krov will help solidify things in the middle
With Gibbs out hoepfully we can go back to 4 at the back, it just hasn't worked. Our strength is in our attacking players, so don't play 5 defenders especially when it is our weakess area.
I would also say, had we a proper striker then again the onus is on the opposition to defend and our midfield to support him, again this relieves pressure on our defence and allows them to catch their breath and re-organise. No defence does well with almost 45 minutes of constant pressure.
(09-19-2020, 01:42 PM)aj21 Wrote: With Gibbs out hoepfully we can go back to 4 at the back, it just hasn't worked. Our strength is in our attacking players, so don't play 5 defenders especially when it is our weakess area.

By extension of that logic then, we should just play Semi on his own and see how we get on.
Ancelotti just said the score is not a fair reflection of how the game was. He said first half, we were the better team.

I agree with him.
(09-19-2020, 01:47 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Ancelotti just said the score is not a fair reflection of how the game was. He said first half, we were the better team.

I agree with him.

I agree too. BT commentators also suggested such. it all comes down to that barmy red card.
(09-19-2020, 01:47 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Ancelotti just said the score is not a fair reflection of how the game was. He said first half, we were the better team.

I agree with him.

Indeed, a bit more balanced than Gammon Face would be.
Think we definitely need another striker, but I must be in the minority because I like Robinson upfront. He adds a lot. He has good pace, good ball skills, and I think he can finish (once we give him a few chances). Maybe him and Grant up top. Not Deeney.
(09-19-2020, 01:37 PM)Sliced Wrote: Good post. Despite the cries of how we have the worst attack we've ever had as a Prem team this week and that none of our players are Premier League standard I thought our attack was very good. I wouldn't have been surprised to see us score more with 11 men.

I don’t think many are saying the squad hasn’t got some Prem class players but it’s really not strong enough currently if we are to carry on trying to play ‘nice‘, ‘good’ ‘proper‘ (insert own adjective) football against established Prem teams. We need at least three or four genuine Prem quality before the window shuts to compete properly over a season. We aren’t built to battle, we aren’t built to be be difficult to beat we were built to play entertaining football but that’s not easy on a shoestring budget in the Prem when you need to secure points not plaudits.