Hear me out....
(09-19-2020, 01:47 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Ancelotti just said the score is not a fair reflection of how the game was. He said first half, we were the better team.

I agree with him.

Like Ancelloti, and I like Everyon tbf, their fans I know said much the same.
(09-19-2020, 01:41 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 01:38 PM)Babel Wrote: Think Europe in 2021 is out

You think the Virus is going to mess travel up then as well ?? Wink

No cup to qualify for ?
(09-19-2020, 02:00 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 01:37 PM)Sliced Wrote: Good post. Despite the cries of how we have the worst attack we've ever had as a Prem team this week and that none of our players are Premier League standard I thought our attack was very good. I wouldn't have been surprised to see us score more with 11 men.

I don’t think many are saying the squad hasn’t got some Prem class players but it’s really not strong enough currently if we are to carry on trying to play ‘nice‘, ‘good’ ‘proper‘ (insert own adjective) football against established Prem teams. We need at least three or four genuine Prem quality before the window shuts to compete properly over a season. We aren’t built to battle, we aren’t built to be be difficult to beat we were built to play entertaining football but that’s not easy on a shoestring budget in the Prem when you need to secure points not plaudits.
If you're not careful we'll be back to Pulis esque "aard to beat" Vs "pretty football" debates on here.
Next stop will be calls for Bilic to be sacked and replaced by Big Sam. Or perhaps that pundit in the cap on Sky...
(09-19-2020, 01:59 PM)scotbaggie Wrote: Think we definitely need another striker, but I must be in the minority because I like Robinson upfront. He adds a lot. He has good pace, good ball skills, and I think he can finish (once we give him a few chances). Maybe him and Grant up top. Not Deeney.

Robbo was good today. Had an envious task in that second half but was really good and Pickford made a good save from him in the first half.
(09-19-2020, 01:37 PM)Sliced Wrote: Good post. Despite the cries of how we have the worst attack we've ever had as a Prem team this week and that none of our players are Premier League standard I thought our attack was very good. I wouldn't have been surprised to see us score more with 11 men.

I don’t think many are saying the squad hasn’t got some Prem class players but it’s really not strong enough currently if we are to carry on trying to play ‘nice‘, ‘good’ ‘proper‘ (insert own adjective) football against established Prem teams. We need at least three or four genuine Prem quality before the window shuts to compete properly over a season. We aren’t built to battle, we aren’t built to be be difficult to beat we were built to play entertaining football but that’s not easy on a shoestring budget in the Prem when you need to secure points not plaudits.

I agree with you Derek, but we don’t have the players to play any other way really... even with a motivated Tony in charge he’d struggle to coach organisation and defensive nous into our options at the back.

We need to get better in possession and find a way of getting the ball to stick further up the pitch... we also need to shield our defence a bit more.

Field Livermore Gallagher 
Townsend Ajayi Hegazi OShea

For me.
(09-19-2020, 02:13 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:

If you're not careful we'll be back to Pulis esque "aard to beat" Vs "pretty football" debates on here.
Next stop will be calls for Bilic to be sacked and replaced by Big Sam. Or perhaps that pundit in the cap on Sky...

Only if others can’t be objective and try to drag up arguments from four years ago like bitter married couples at a relate counselling session. 

We need quality players in to play the way we want to. That is fairly obvious so all the wailing and gnashing of teeth if we don’t and we carry on getting beat seems a bit futile. I’m not advocating we change the way we play because as I said this team is built to play attractive football but without the quality and importantly experience to do so, will mean we shall struggle.
(09-19-2020, 01:59 PM)scotbaggie Wrote: Think we definitely need another striker, but I must be in the minority because I like Robinson upfront. He adds a lot. He has good pace, good ball skills, and I think he can finish (once we give him a few chances). Maybe him and Grant up top. Not Deeney.

He is weak as piss
(09-19-2020, 02:17 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

I agree with you Derek, but we don’t have the players to play any other way really... even with a motivated Tony in charge he’d struggle to coach organisation and defensive nous into our options at the back.

We need to get better in possession and find a way of getting the ball to stick further up the pitch... we also need to shield our defence a bit more.

Field Livermore Gallagher 
Townsend Ajayi Hegazi OShea

For me.

I agree and I’ve just said exactly that. My argument always was you play to a teams strength and previously it was our organisation and defence this team it’s our attack but whether that is strong enough  is very doubtful without better players.
Hegazi and the Serb and semi are a must at the back
I just can't be too glum about that. There is a long, long way to go, but we have some players who can genuinely make magic happen and they belong to us.

Both Pereira and Diangana have ensured that we can sell them at a profit.

Sam Field getting minutes is good news. Their goals dried up when he came on.