Team for Chelsea
(09-23-2020, 09:35 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 09:34 AM)clem4england Wrote: SJ

O'Shea Kipre Ajayi Townsend

Field

Livermore Sawyers

Pereira Diangana

Robinson

I wouldn’t have Kipré anywhere near the defence at the moment.

If Ivanovic is fit, he starts alongside Ajayi IMO.
Don't think Ivanovic is it is he? Agree if he is.
Johnstone  

Ajayi   Ivanovic  O'Shea (Hegazi)

Furlong   Livermore  Sawyers    Field 

Periera     Robinson     Pereira
So many choosing Furlong baffles me. I would rather about Three others at RB than him against someone like Chelsea.
(09-23-2020, 10:17 AM)B36baggie Wrote: So many choosing Furlong baffles me. I would rather about Three others at RB than him against someone like Chelsea.

You’ve put Ajai to start RB in your team.

Over Furlong and O’Shea. A guy that has never played RB before. You want to throw him in to his first ever game in that position against Chelsea? And. You’re baffled people are selecting Furlong....
(09-23-2020, 10:07 AM)Hopalong Wrote: Johnstone  

Ajayi   Ivanovic  O'Shea (Hegazi)

Furlong   Livermore  Sawyers    Field 

Periera     Robinson     Pereira

Think I’d prefer Johnstone in goal, and not over by the corner Wink
(09-23-2020, 10:22 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 10:17 AM)B36baggie Wrote: So many choosing Furlong baffles me. I would rather about Three others at RB than him against someone like Chelsea.

You’ve put Ajai to start RB in your team.

Over Furlong and O’Shea. A guy that has never played RB before. You want to throw him in to his first ever game in that position against Chelsea? And. You’re baffled people are selecting Furlong....

Yes. I personally think Semi could do a good job there but on reflection would probably change my mind closer to the time & pick Dara with Ajayi in the middle with Ivanovic. 

Would still be nowhere near picking Furlong with his lack of positional sense against someone who would have the ball as much as Chelsea.
I'd play Diangana upfront with Pereira just behind him and then 4 across the middle and 4 at the back, 

Ivanavic won't start - Bartley and Ajai in the middle Furlong and Townsend out wide 

Midfield is the real problem for me - just don't think Livermore is quick/agile enough, and Sawyers seems lost at the moment - maybe give Edwards/Field a chance? 

Chelsea are coming off the back of a defeat, their new signings wont have settled in properly yet-, and they'll be playing with a new keeper too by the looks of it, so if we can keep 11 players on the pitch we might just surprise them.

Then again what the f*ck do I know we'll probably get hammered  Undecided
(09-23-2020, 02:21 PM)igorbalis Wrote: I'd play Diangana upfront with Pereira just behind him and then 4 across the middle and 4 at the back, 

Ivanavic won't start - Bartley and Ajai in the middle Furlong and Townsend out wide 

Midfield is the real problem for me - just don't think Livermore is quick/agile enough, and Sawyers seems lost at the moment - maybe give Edwards/Field a chance? 

Chelsea are coming off the back of a defeat, their new signings wont have settled in properly yet-, and they'll be playing with a new keeper too by the looks of it, so if we can keep 11 players on the pitch we might just surprise them.

Then again what the f*ck do I know we'll probably get hammered  Undecided

Steve Madeley hit the nail on the head in the Athletic when he said that the move from 4231 to 433 killed Sawyers’ impact as instead of making quick, incisive passes, he was deployed deeper where his defensive liabilities have been exploited. We’ve seen a lot of this again this season.

Field has to start for me, as at present he’s the only player who can play deep, and it’ll allow Sawyers to focus on turning over possession and release Livermore to play further ahead and drive us forward.

We need to play a 3 man midfield to get the best out of those players, but we don’t have the fullbacks or strikers to make this work.

Grady Robinson Pereira
Sawyers Field Livermore
Townsend Ajayi Bran OShea
Johnstone
              Johnstone
Peltier Ivanovic Hegazi O'Shea
Phillips Field Livermore Townsend
                Pereira
                Zohore

TP mode activated.
(09-23-2020, 03:30 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote:
              Johnstone
Peltier Ivanovic Hegazi O'Shea
Phillips Field Livermore Townsend
                Pereira
                Zohore

TP mode activated.

Bad thing is I started reading the back two lines and thought "Yep, sounds good to me", then got to the midfield.

I would have Ivanovic but I don't know if he'll be able to cope with another start until he's up to full fitness. Therefore:

Johnstone
O'Shea  Ajayi  Hegazi  Townsend
               Field
      Livermore Sawyers
      Pereira       Diang   
              Robinson

Bench: Button, Ivanovic, Peltier, Harper, Edwards, Turbo, HRK