Uncle Ben, gone.
(09-24-2020, 07:06 AM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 11:09 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Just fuggin ridiculous if you ask me.

Renamed "Ben's Original", and removed the smiling old black chap.

The world's gone mad.

I''m amazed you care. A group of people don't like it, so they change it. Are you that bothered - does it affect you? If you think the world has 'gone mad' with this you must have thought it was Armageddon when they took the golliwog off the jam 20 years ago! (You did know it's gone, didn't you? I'm sorry if you've just found out and I said it so bluntly. Perhaps I should have been more careful....)

Everybody goes on about 'snowflakes' being ultra-sensitive, yet an older generation gets upset and claim the world has 'gone mad' because a brand of rice changes the picture on their marketing.

Personally, I couldn't give a monkey's either way. If someone feels better and it makes no difference to me, I'm happy. Usually it costs me money....

I haven't commented on this, but last night got two WhatsApp chats with mates, aged 34 and 35 saying how ridiculous it is.
It's clearly not the older generation only.
I think most people are, by and large, tolerant and most liberal, but conservative with a small c. Quick reactionary moves all over the world about The Black Lives Matter movement is, in my opinion, not necessarily helpful. Time will be the judge.
Doesn't bother me personally, I just think it's a bit silly.
My favourite rice brand has just merged with a well known insurance firm.

Tilda Swinton.
To people who are bothered about Uncle Ben's name change I have to ask, have you ever eaten it? If you had you wouldn't give a flying fuc* because it's shite.
(09-24-2020, 07:26 AM)Duffers Wrote: I have never been as angry about anything as I am about this.

Dig out the picture! FFS     Rolleyes
Is Captain Birdseye next.
Or is he ok because he is white
Ir is that not ok because it doesn't reflect multi culturalism?
(09-24-2020, 08:21 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Is Captain Birdseye next.
Or is he ok because he is white
Ir is that not ok because it doesn't reflect multi culturalism?

Tokyo banned Captain Japseye.

Dickheads.
(09-24-2020, 08:06 AM)Brentbaggie Wrote: To people who are bothered about Uncle Ben's name change I have to ask, have you ever eaten it? If you had you wouldn't give a flying fuc* because it's shite.

True! I was always figured the old guy was laughing at me for buying this over-priced shite AGAIN, despite thinking it was shite the other 100 times I've bought it.

I've always wondered who in this country actually relates rice with old black men anyway? Bloody American cultural imperialism!
We need a ruling from Birdflake on this  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Political correctness has gone mad hasn’t it? These days, because of the PC brigade, I’m not even allowed to scrawl racist abuse in excrement on my neighbours car. Now they’re changing the name of a product I never buy or even think about as a token gesture. It almost makes me want to take to Twitter and express my rage in borderline illiterate terms whilst throwing in a couple of sly winks to the racists that are my main target audience.